• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Online Car Finance - cancelled same day, but they won't let me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Car Finance - cancelled same day, but they won't let me!

Hi there, I just signed car finance documents 2 days ago. I did it all online and over the phone. I never saw the car, never visited the dealership and I have not taken collection of the vehicle. The next morning I sent an email to the car finance company saying that I wanted to cancel my finance agreement. I also attached a letter confirming this, and I was careful to use all reference numbers etc. I also sent an email to the dealer saying that I had done this. I received no reply from the dealer at all - which is unusual as the lady had been harassing me to death prior to purchase. I received an email from the finance company asking me to call them. I called the finance company and they said that they had already 'paid out' (within an hour of my signing) the full amount to the dealer and that if I cancel my agreement with them they will send me a bill for the full price of the finance. They advised that I phone the dealer instead and tell them to send the money back. So I phoned the dealer and the lady acted very odd. She said she was not familiar with how to deal with it, that 'no one from accounts was in' and that she would have to 'get back to me' a different day. She gave me a strong impression that there would be a problem with this and refused to confirm that I could cancel. She even mentioned changing to a different vehicle instead. I said I wished to cancel first. She ummed and aaahed and acted very negative. Now I'm worried - how will I deal with this if the dealer will not refund the finance company? Should I just cancel with the finance company and get the massive check in the post? The car and the money is with the dealer. I have never seen the car or taken collection of it. Please advise me on how I should proceed... Thanks xx
    Tags: None

Do you have the agreement please. Both car order and finance.

Please redact your details and post up.

Is this an order for a brand new vehicle ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It is for a used car. The title of the document is:

'HIRE PURCHASE AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE
      CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974'

Comment

I have checked and I can see that I have not yet signed anything from the Dealer nor taken collection or delivery of the vehicle.

Comment

It's only the finance agreement that was signed online with the lender.
          So both the car and the money from the lender are with the dealer - who I have never visited.

Comment

Put your cancellation in writing immediately to both. Special delivery so you have evidence.

what are the cancellation terms on the agreement ?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ain-agreements

Why buy a used car without seeing it ? Is it a main dealer like Citroen / ford etc or a small independent garage ?

Who is the lender ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X