• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mbfs new finance agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mbfs new finance agreement

Hello and welcome everybody,

I’ll be grateful for your help. I’m just about to sign a new finance agreement with Mbfs and there’s one paragraph that I’m not sure what it’s about. Please see the attachment.
    My other concern is the paragraph ‘Termination- your rights ‘, there’s no Voluntary Termination stated. Does that mean I’m not able to end this contract under the 50% rule?
    Thank you for any advice.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Is it for a work vehicle ?

(probably you'll want to post up the rest of the agreement too )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Thank for getting back to me. The car will be used for chauffeuring but the finance is under my name, not the company. Please see the full agreement attached. Merc finance 2-5.pdf Merc finance 6-10.pdf

Comment

It is not a consumer credit agreement. It's a business to business contract.
        The vehicle will be used for business purposes and presumably claimed as a business expense etc. so it likely is right to be a business contract.

There are no voluntary termination rights. If you end the agreement early you will be liable for the full £66k. There may be some rebate of interest etc, but there's no protections from the consumer credit act or any right to VT.

There is also a mileage limit of 35,000 per year plus 25p per mile if that's exceeded. If you are using it for your work driving is that enough ?

Is there another page with the total cost of credit / interest rate etc on ? or is that everything ?

I'll tag R0b for proper thoughts but he might not be on till tmw - don't rush into ( or out of ) it until he takes a look as really I know nothing about business finance/ car finance agreements so might be wrong.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you Amethyst. There is a front page Merc finance 1.pdf . It doesn’’t say anywhere that it’s a business contract. The rest of it is the car and finance details.
          35000 miles a year is enough, thank you for pointing that out.
          Thank you for tagging Rob, I’’ll definitely wait for his opinion.
          Attached Files

Comment

Good morning,
            I will really appreciate if you could find a minute to let me know your advice, please.
            Can such a declaration overwrite the Consumer Act or if I don’t want to use the Voluntary Termination right l shouldn’t worry as it's quite standard practice?

Comment

As it is a business contract and the agreement is not regulated under the consumer credit act you have no rights of voluntary termination.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X