• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BMW Finance pursuing excess mileage and car damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Finance pursuing excess mileage and car damage

I VT'd my PCP agreement after I was over the 50% total payable threshold recently. I followed all protocol informing my intention to terminate and utilised the template letters on this very site so thank you for that.

BMW have replied and wish to bring it to my attention that my financial document clearly outlines that my mileage will be pre rated if the agreement ends early.
    They also wish to charge me £204 for 'damage to the alloy wheels' and want me to prove with photographic evidence that they were already in that condition at point of my initial pcp agreement, at no point in my correspondence to them did I state this, I did however advise them that the damage is mainly due to a failure with the coating on the alloys in my opinion.

I did offer to pay for one alloy due to rim damage and offered £51.

They believe they are correct and have demanded I pay the outstanding monies.

I dont want to get into a table tennis match of letter sending so advice would be appreciated please.

Is it a case of me now writing to the Financial Ombudsman for their input as I stand by not willing to pay the excess mileage and I've offered a payment for one alloy wheel with minimal damage.

​​​​​​​My car had 29,557 miles on the clock at the beginning of my contract and was taken over 48 month, when I VT'd it had has a mileage of 80,721 miles, my annual mileage was set at 10k, I VT'd 9 month early. Excess mileage cost per mile is set to 4.03 pence, total monies they are claiming comes to £889.02!? As above any advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

R0b any advice you could offer?

Comment

Nothing I can add that hasn't already been covered a million times on here.

As you said, take the matter up with the FOS and await a decision.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I've been reluctantly playing table tennis correspondence with BMW finance and followed advice on this very site, I continue to dispute the Excess mileage charges and the 'fair wear and tear' charges too, I did make an offer.of £51 for my nearside wheel/alloy damage however they are.requesting £204 in total for damage. I have been reluctant to contact FOC regards
        my situation as I've seen it reported they tend to side with the finance company on these matters but is there any harm contacting them? What good/bad can come from it?
        BMW Finance continue to issue letters stating payments are now late and they might need to pass to a debt collecting agency etc...and my credit file will reflect this.

What I haven't mentioned to the finance company is that I am currently in a Scottish trust deed (my pcp was never part or cause of this however)

Is this something I should mention to them will it make any difference? My credit file is poor due to my situation and will be for the next few years.

Any answers/advice to the above would be appreciated

Comment

So for the past 4/5 month I've heard nothing but today BMW finance has stated mailing me.again regards my 'outstanding balance' which consists of excess mileage and supposed wear and tear out with their conditions, I am.standing firm on this.

Comment

Another letter received today from collections regards sum of arrears and stating notice as per the CC act 1974 because I am supposedly behind with the sums payable under my contract purchase agreement.

As I've stated previously I offered to make a payment for the damage to one alloy sims if £51 they did not acknowledge or accept this.

I still haven't contacted the FOC but I am curious and seeking advice whether I should contact them or not? Any direction/advice would be greatly received.

Comment

Originally posted by Damsidebear View Post
              Another letter received today from collections regards sum of arrears and stating notice as per the CC act 1974 because I am supposedly behind with the sums payable under my contract purchase agreement.

As I've stated previously I offered to make a payment for the damage to one alloy sims if £51 they did not acknowledge or accept this.

I still haven't contacted the FOC but I am curious and seeking advice whether I should contact them or not? Any direction/advice would be greatly received.

Hi Buddy - how did this turn out for you regarding the excess mile charge from BMW? Did they mark your credit file in the end or did you pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by Damsidebear View Post

Hi Buddy - how did this turn out for you regarding the excess mile charge from BMW? Did they mark your credit file in the end or did you pay them?

Comment

Hi all, apologies I haven't replied Clifford88 I took my complaint to the FOC but stupidly I left it for more than 6 month after I received a final notice from BMW. The FOC have since been in touch to inform me they cannot help due to my complaint being late.

I still recieve letters from BMW, my 'balance' which I dispute is on my credit file but does not show as a default. I'm at a loss now and really don't know what else to do or where to turn, any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

Comment

Pointless forum if no advice is offered to someone asking for help or assistance.

Comment

So advice was offered but you left it too late. How is that the forum's fault?

Comment

You do realise I was referring to my previous post asking for 'any advice' and none was forthcoming, nice of you to chip in though due to my comment, funny how you can take the time to do that but you don't have the time to offer any 'advice'.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X