• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter to Santander, Mis Sold PCP Fixed Sum Loan Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to Santander, Mis Sold PCP Fixed Sum Loan Agreement

Hi all,

I have been reading many cases against Santander and mis sold PCP Agreement been underwritten by a Fixed Sum Loan agreement.
    One thing this has taught me is to read before you sign.

My story, I got my first volvo in 2014 on what I thought was a PCP over 48 months (which I mentioned in the attached letter), the agreement does say fixed loan but also then says PCP so it is very confusing.
    I was told by the Salesman it was a PCP with the balloon payment option at the end.

Carry on 2 years, I get offered a new car on the same deal, I am doing 18k miles a year spending most of the work time in my car so I decided to go ahead.
    Again the dealer mentioned to me, PCP with a balloon payment at the end..

3 Years later (today), I had a new Job opportunity come up 2 years ago, I spend 8-10 months out of the country and the car has hardly been used.
    I looked into VT and find out all about this fixed sum loan agreement which doesn't seem to be mentioned to the consumer at the time of purchase.

I have prepared the attached .pdf and would love to get opinions and any recommendations for changes before I send it off.
    Do you think I have a case?

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

Could you post a copy of the credit agreement ? (only seems to be a sales agency agreement in the PDF )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am currently in the same situation. please let me know how you get on as I am only just at the start of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Picard91 View Post
          Anyone?
          I don't have access to a scanner right at the moment however the Credit Agreement does say Fixed Sum Loan Agreement.

Now I realize what it is, but at the time they told me it was a PCP even pointing to the top of the sales agency agreement which says PCP.

I hope I have a case.

Comment

I’m in the same position and have just started a complaint with Santander. We were sold it as a PCP only to find out recently it’s a personal loan. Looking around it seems this happens a lot!

Comment

The more I research online the more it happens.

I received a letter today from Santander saying they will not uphold it as a PCP and I have no right to VT.

Just drafting a letter to the Ombudsman. Will search the forums for some help as well. If anyone reading this could help it would VERY much be appreciated. Maybe even with a virtual Beer!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X