• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination referred to debt collection agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination referred to debt collection agency

Hi all,

I went through the process of a voluntary termination for a Hire Purchase from Vauxhall finance (formerly known as GMAC UK)

I used the template letters and advice given to others on this forum and thought I had managed to avoid all the usual pitfalls. I did not pay the collection fee they demanded and I refused to sign a document outlining charges following the inspection of the vehicle.

The company asked for a three figure sum, which I felt was extortionate given the condition of the vehicle.

Today, after 3 months of no contact I received a letter from Vauxhall Finance and one from I*t*um, an agency which has bought my debt. I have attached their communications below.

I have done a search for information about this company online and I have come up short. Has anyone had any experience with them? What is the best way to go about things?

I am not in a position to pay what they are asking and frankly I do not believe it is a fair sum anyway.

Thanks in advance !
    Attached Files

What ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-03-15 08_48_53-People bar flyout.png Views:	1 Size:	124.9 KB ID:	1455755

so what is the £500 odd for if theres no finance, damage, insurance excess mileage or charges/interest ?

You mentioned a collection fee that you refused to pay ? That can't have been £500 - and should be listed in fees/charges...

very weird. Have Vauxhall previously given you a breakdown ? ( they don't seem to have given it to Intrum if so )

Is there anything on your credit file ?

R0b
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply.

I received a letter from Vauxhall about 2 weeks post collection which detailed charges for alleged damage to the vehicle e.g. bodywork and so on.

Comment

Read point 6 of the thread below, it sets out some steps you might want to take. Unfortunately, it's simply a case of pay up or dispute it. You may also want to check your credit file, because as I read that letter Intrum are suggesting they are going to update credit reference records. If that is the case, you either pursue them for breach of data protection, do nothing or pay up and accept any adverse entries.

There's an abundance of information on this forum on voluntary termination and especially in this sub-section. I would suggest if you are stuck, have a browse as your questions have probably been answered already.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X