• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** VT FCA nearly a year gone and still contacting very slowly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this actually make any sense?
    . For example your previous agreement with FCA AS was for £181.25 a month based on 10,000 miles a year. The new agreement was for the same mileage allowance but the monthly payment increased by almost 100% to £360.31. Had the mileage allowance been increased to 12 or 13,000 miles annually this would have decreased the balloon amount and increased the monthly payment; potentially raising the question of affordability.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Only thing I can think of is the value of the car is significantly more than the previous agreement. I think if they added an extra 2000 miles per annum the increase in monthly instalment would probably be somewhere in the region of £20-£30 give or take.

But whether affordability would come into question would depend what the income and expenditure amounts were given at the time.

Moot point I think
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deld View Post
        WoW Amazing......here is Fiats Response 17/9/2018
        Thank You Thank You!!!!

Dear Mr Dymmock,

Thank you for your email. I have taken legal advice on your comments below.

I appreciate that you feel that the mileage agreement section of your contract is an estimation and therefore not legally binding or a statement of fact, however please be aware that you signed a contract saying that if you exceeded the mileage you would be bound by the terms of the contract and would be responsible for the additional mileage covered on a pence per mile basis. Whilst it can be argued whether this is deemed to be a statement of fact, it has been successfully defended as such in a court of law in exactly these circumstances. It is true that we don’t expect our customers to know exactly what their intended mileage will be over a term and their use may vary depending on changes in their circumstances and we will always take this into consideration. In the case where the excess mileage is minimal or does not impact the value of the vehicle, this charge would often be waived.

Whilst you believe that the mileage is not a decision making element of our acceptance of the contract, please bear in mind that the agreed mileage allowance is used to determine the future value of the vehicle and therefore, along with the term and deposit amount, the monthly payment. If the mileage allowance is underestimated considerably this could impact whether a decision to lend is accurate. For example your previous agreement with FCA AS was for £181.25 a month based on 10,000 miles a year. The new agreement was for the same mileage allowance but the monthly payment increased by almost 100% to £360.31. Had the mileage allowance been increased to 12 or 13,000 miles annually this would have decreased the balloon amount and increased the monthly payment; potentially raising the question of affordability.

Despite the above, and taking into consideration the strength of feeling relating to this charge, we do not believe that it is financially viable to pursue you for this balance and as such we will be waiving it. I will arrange for this be completed by the end of the week.

I trust this resolves your enquiry with FCA Automotive Services and you are satisfied with the resolution.

Kind regards,
        Well Done, . Good read.
        Will help with my VT.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X