• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Startline Motor Finance Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startline Motor Finance Voluntary Termination

I recently terminated my contract with Startline as I had paid over 50% on the vehicle (the settlement amount was £4,500) and it wasn't practical for me to keep it and continue paying the finance for another 28 months. I terminated via letter using a template I found on one of your forums at the end of March, the vehicle was collected on the 20th April and went to auction on 2nd May as I managed to track it down on the internet. The car was sold at auction and last weekend appeared for sale on a car dealer website for £7,990 and described as a superb example.

Yesterday I received a text from Startline asking for me to call regarding payment, I subsequently called them to be asked when I was going to pay for the damage to the vehicle. I haven't to date received any letter from them regarding the damage. The person at Startline advised that there was a payment of £2,900 required for the damage. I was absolutely gobsmacked the car is over 9 years old and was in the same condition when I returned it to when I brought it (when I originally spoke to them about terminating the contract the person as Startline said as long as I returned it in the condition I brought it then I wouldn't incur charges). I've had it for just over two and a half years and have done less then 3,000 miles in it. I have asked them to provide me with the value it was sold for so that I can see if it covered the amount outstanding on my finance and they said they are unable to do this. I then asked for receipts to prove that the amount they are requesting reflects the repairs of the damage that they are alleging again they said they are unable to do this. I returned it as I was adamant that I wouldn't incur any damage charges due to the vehicle being in the same condition as when I brought it. I believe that if I pay these charges (which I can't as I don't have that sort of money) then I would have been better off keeping the car and having something to sell at the end.

The car should have made at least £5,000 at auction and if I was to pay the damages they would be quids in, total rip off.

I also asked for a copy of the letter by email yesterday which so far hasn't arrived.
    Tags: None

Just an update that after alot of letters, emails and phone calls Startline have agreed to waive all costs as they should have been put down to fair wear and tear.

I would definitely say to people put up a fight and dispute any costs that you believe are not valid.

Comment

Well done !! ( sorry you didn't get any replies to your post - did they actually provide any evidence of the alleged damage in the end before agreeing it was down to wear and tear or had they just been trying it on? )

R0b
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X