• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!!!!!!** PCM (uk) ltd Gladstones court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **WON!!!!!!!** PCM (uk) ltd Gladstones court

Even though I have plenty of evidence to support my case..

I wouldn't have know where to start if it wasn't for M1 .. So fingers crossed you get the same result .

D

Comment

Originally posted by Davew2811 View Post
      Even though I have plenty of evidence to support my case..

I wouldn't have know where to start if it wasn't for M1 .. So fingers crossed you get the same result .

D
      Well done! I ended up getting a court date so I've just submitted everything, as per [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] very helpful advice. A credit to this forum

Comment

Yeah, I read your post, slightly different circumstances I think, but the judge did exactly as he should have and threw mine out, in a way I was looking forward to presenting my case, what they did to me was bordering on fraud !

Comment

Originally posted by Davew2811 View Post
          Yeah, I read your post, slightly different circumstances I think, but the judge did exactly as he should have and threw mine out, in a way I was looking forward to presenting my case, what they did to me was bordering on fraud !

You should make an application for costs to the court, you're entitled to £18 per hour as a LIP for the time spent working on the case, plus any postage and other out of pocket costs (extra visits to the site to gather evidence etc.). Worth a punt at least

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberprog View Post
            You should make an application for costs to the court, you're entitled to £18 per hour as a LIP for the time spent working on the case, plus any postage and other out of pocket costs (extra visits to the site to gather evidence etc.). Worth a punt at least
            It's £19 per hour and the court has made no order as to costs. If the claimant discontinues it's worth a letter to the court but if the judge doesn't mention costs then IMO you won't get them. I tried in a case of my own and even filed an application or 2 and still didn't get them because the judge made no order for them.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              It's £19 per hour and the court has made no order as to costs. If the claimant discontinues it's worth a letter to the court but if the judge doesn't mention costs then IMO you won't get them. I tried in a case of my own and even filed an application or 2 and still didn't get them because the judge made no order for them.

M1
              I knew I was around the right money at £18

You simply need to write to the court, outlining your time and costs and ask that due to the unreasonable behaviour of the claimant you request that the judge makes an award for costs under CPR 27.14 (g).

If you don't ask, you won't get. If you don't ask in the right way, you also won't get

I've been clobbered for £5k for costs in a small claims case BTW, not a mistake I'll be making again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X