• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON*Met Parking Gatwick McDonalds Hire Vehicle - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *WON*Met Parking Gatwick McDonalds Hire Vehicle - won

Hello,
    I received a letter from MetParking for an offence at Gatwick McDonalds. However, the letter doesn't give me much information, just that I owe them £100.

The vehicle is hired by myself. They got my details from the hire company.It is a long term hire as it is used as a minicab.

Ive looked at the pictures and it seems someone entered at 14.44 and left at 15.58, a time of 1hr 14 minutes.
    The total time on the premises may well be 1hr 14 but that is not the amount of time parked. Its difficult to say exactly how long was spent but there is always a queue, a good 5-10 minutes and then driving round and round until a space becomes available.

So I guess my questions are:

1) which is relevent, the time spent on the land or the time parked on the land?
    2) what can I do about this?

The letter was dated 14th April. This is the only documentation that I have been sent.

Thank you in advance for any help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mystery1; 20th April 2016, 14:53:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Met Parking Gatwick McDonalds Hire Vehicle

First of all remove details of who was driving from your post. Any appeals would be from the keeper of the car (different from registered keeper).

As a notice to keeper this is abysmal. There are so many things missing. First of all give us some dates to see if they have failed to meet the time requirements. Did you get copies of the hire agreements with the letter? Probably not, another failure under POFA.

I can't see various things that are required on the notice to keeper to hold the keeper liable. Duration of parking (not time between cameras), identification of creditor to name another couple. Check what is required by referring to POFA, in particular paragraph 9 and the section about hired vehicles.

You will be appealing as the keeper notifying them that they have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA to hold the keeper liable.

Wait for others to comment and search around for suitable letters already provided. Draft on here first for critique.

Edit: Noticed the dates, they comply. But identifying details are left in like charge number and reg no. take them oout and repost.

Comment

just reading section 14 of POFA.....photo edited....I will be back in a while
      Last edited by declancor; 20th April 2016, 09:22:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by declancor View Post
        Hello,
        I received a letter from MetParking for an offence at Gatwick McDonalds. However, the letter doesn't give me much information, just that I owe them £100.

The vehicle is hired by myself. They got my details from the hire company.It is a long term hire as it is used as a minicab.

Ive looked at the pictures and it seems someone entered at 14.44 and left at 15.58, a time of 1hr 14 minutes.
        The total time on the premises may well be 1hr 14 but that is not the amount of time parked. Its difficult to say exactly how long was spent but there is always a queue, a good 5-10 minutes and then driving round and round until a space becomes available.

So I guess my questions are:

1) which is relevent, the time spent on the land or the time parked on the land?
        2) what can I do about this?

The letter was dated 14th April. This is the only documentation that I have been sent.

Thank you in advance for any help
        1. Depends on the signage, really. (ignoring that if it's onsite how do you know when you are onsite ?)

2. http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle Change paragraph 9 to 14.

M1

Comment

Thank you, M1

As hirer of vehicle, am I the regsitered keeper or hirer?
          I was at gatwick today, i had a look. There are some signs referring to parking charges etc but the stand-out signs, everywhere, refer to "No Waiting - please use car parks at North and South etc" . These you do notice. I assume they are referring to people who are not using the restaurant for food purposes!
          Anyway, onto the letter... would the below suffice?

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of McDonalds using the Drive Thru facility.

I note that the document supplied is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 14.

Should you reject my appeal, please supply a POPLA code.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

Yes, you are the hirer/keeper.

Dear Sirs,

I, as hirer/keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of McDonalds using the Drive Thru facility.

I note that the document supplied is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 14.

Yours sincerely,

M1

Comment

I have filed the appeal via their online system and used the following text:
              Dear Sirs,

I, as hirer/keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of McDonalds using the Drive Thru facility.

I note that the document supplied is fundamentally flawed when compared to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 14.

Yours faithfully,
              xxx xxxxxxx - 22 April 2016

Comment

Just an update....
                It has been 4 weeks since I submitted the "appeal" and to date I have heard.....nothing.
                Spoke too soon....this has just arrived
                Attached Files
                Last edited by declancor; 21st May 2016, 12:38:PM. Reason: update

Comment

I have now appealed to POPLA citing non-compliance with Schedule 4, Paragraph 14 sub para 2a

lets see what happens

Comment

Oh, well i guess that saves me writing an appeal.

You seem to have the main point which appears to be a winning point to me.

M1

Comment

Appeal successful!!!!!!

Was informed by email from POPLA that "MET Parking Services have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge."

Comment

It just goes to show that the parking firms will just blag and blag. Even when they know they are in the wrong.

Fortunately POFA act is quite clear - you need to spend 10 minutes working it out!

Comment

Congratulations
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X