• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking charge notice at Mcdonalds - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking charge notice at Mcdonalds - won

Hi.
    Last Fri I received a pcn from MET parking services for staying in McDonald's for 120 minutes when the limited period is 90min. I know it seems like a very long time to be at McDonald's but I was meeting there a friend who I didn't see for long time and we both were with our children (4 altogether ) We all had meals and then children had ice cream and before we left I got a take away meal for my husband who was at home. It was Fri afternoon and we only met up after 5 pm so we were not in a hurry . It was already dark when we got there so I didn't actually even noticed signs. I also didn't even think that there is a time limit for me staying in McDonald's. I read up some other cases people had here and I think mine is similar but just wanted to double check if you think I also should not pay it . Thanks in advance and sorry about a length of the msg
    Evelina
    Forgot to add that unfortunately I paid cash and don't have recipe.
    Last edited by Evelyna; 13th December 2015, 15:17:PM. Reason: Additional info
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking charge notice at Mcdonalds

Complaining to McD's hardly ever reaps the desired reward. I'd still do it though.

Ticket on the car or via post ?

M1

Comment

It came in the post. Do you think I should try talking to McDonald's first? I m worried that if I talked to them I will admit that I was a driver and I m the owner of the car.

Comment

Mcdonalds won't talk to MET. Probably won't help either, but worth a try.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Thank you. I will give it a go tomorrow and try talking to McDonald's. While I m there I will check where the signs about parking are as quite honestly I 've never notice them before. If they will not help I will send the letter to MET. Will let you know how far the Xmas spirit in McDonald's will take me

Comment

Originally posted by Evelyna View Post
            Thank you. I will give it a go tomorrow and try talking to McDonald's. While I m there I will check where the signs about parking are as quite honestly I 've never notice them before. If they will not help I will send the letter to MET. Will let you know how far the Xmas spirit in McDonald's will take me
            Happy New Year everyone
            So I went to McDonald`s before Xmas and I was given an email address to the branch manager. I emailed him and .... he talked to MET and cancelled my pcn !!!!!!! I didn't received any confirmation from MET but hopefully I want hear from them again.
            Thank you for your help. And good luck to everyone with pcn problems.

Comment

That's great news, well done And well done that McDonalds manager xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X