• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Missed early payment date - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missed early payment date

Ringo is an online payment system - you call up, park by paying online and they mail you a receipt. To be clear, I forgot to do this so I cannot produce a receipt as there isn't one. I was, reluctantly, in agreement that I had parked there without paying and didn't challenge that. My frustration was that when I paid the £60 I received a letter back saying that as it was after 14 days it had now gone up to £100 as I had missed the early pay opportunity. To be honest, I wanted to send them the £60 back and tell them to take it or leave it but now it seems I might not even have to do that if you can offer a way to avoid it. What would you suggest?

Comment

Thanks, that's cleared that up.

You write a letter refuting that they have lost £100 because of your actions. They are charging you an unenforceable penalty, which they can't (shouldn't) do.

Is there any mention of railway byelaws, either on the invoice they sent you (IT WAS NOT A FINE) or on any notice in the car park?

Others will provide suitable wording better than me about what to say in your formal appeal to them

Comment

There is a photo of the byelaws on my online case - there isn't any mention on that about the level of penalty that would be levied for not paying the fee. I'm no lawyer but don't they have to express the amount of penalty that would be incurred prior to my parking there?

Comment

Just write back and state you do not have a receipt. All we want is a popla code so hopefully them asking for a receipt means that they haven't noticed your appeal was late.

M1

Comment

Was there a copy of the byelaws visible when you parked?

Comment

Case dropped - thank you for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X