• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Missed early payment date - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed early payment date - Won

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] - wonder if you can help?

I got a parking ticket at a train station car park a few weeks ago. I could have sworn the early payment period was 28 days, so paid my ticket like a good (you might say foolish) fellow. I have now received a letter back saying it should have been paid within 14 days and not 28 so they want the full amount. What are my options? I am sure they have camera evidence of the car being parked there without a ticket on it so my challenge is with having to pay the full fare. Is it an option to return the original cheque with a bit of a 'take it or leave it' on it? I was prepared to pay the original fee but now am somewhat irked at their bully boy tactics and a bit more willing to put up a fight.
    Last edited by razorbrades; 27th February 2015, 15:11:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Missed early payment date

Why did you pay at all ???
    Who is the company?
    What was the charge for parking ?
    What did you pay?
    What has the parking company invoiced you for ?

Comment

I got charged £60 for not having a valid parking ticket in a British Rail car park. If I paid within (I thought) 28 days (they say it was actually 14) then that would be the fee, if not it went up to £100. I guess my thinking was that I didn't have a ticket (I normally book via RingGo but had forgotten) then it was the right thing to do. The company was MET Parking Services and I got the cheque sent back to me this morning with a letter saying that as I didn't pay within 14 days the amount has now gone up to £100. The charge for parking is normally £7.50 a day and I was parked for two days. They have kept the original fine docket so I can no longer see what date the charge was made or what the T&Cs were. Hope that explains everything.

Comment

Which company ?

M1

Comment

Sorry, you did ask that. MET

Comment

Are you still in the 28 day appeal time frame then ?

Which station ? (or do you know if there are byelaws there)

M1

Comment

Ticket was issued on 26/01, I sent my cheque on 24th Feb, which they returned on 25th Feb and I received it this morning. I parked at Banbury Eastside, it is a new car park that has only just opened but I couldn't say anything regarding byelaws etc.

Thx to all for the quick responses btw.

Comment

MMM...

I think i'd appeal this afternoon and chance that they will accept you are still in time.

info@metparking.com

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, believes they may have paid via ringo. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should you get a popla code please come back for more advice.

M1

Comment

Is there anyway I can check whether it is 14 or 28 days? If they prove it is 14 days then I am late in paying, if it is 28 days then I am not so I don't see I would have much reason for an appeal. I may have made a mistake in reading the docket, but I can't tell here and now as I don't have the original ticket to refer to. Also, RingGo can confirm whether or not payment was made. Yes?

Comment

Dupe - sorry.

Comment

If you follow things correctly you will probably end up not having to pay anything. Just follow the instructions given in post #8 and when you get the POPLA code come back here and with an appeal to POPLA you should not have to pay anything.

You should be able to check with your bank or credit card statement if a payment has been made on Ringo.

Comment

It's usually 14 days.
                        [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] it's a wing and a prayer on that as the 28 day appeal limit has passed but only this week. Hopefully the office monkey won't notice.

M1

Comment

Done - will let you know how it goes on. Thx so far.

Comment

I have asked for an appeal or a POPLA code. I received a letter back today informing me that I have 14 days to produce a RingGo receipt. I don't have this and never did. My challenge is about the fine rising from £60 to £100. What next?

Comment

Never have used Ringo but I understand that this is the use of a mobile phone to pay a charge. How do Ringo issue a receipt if it all done over a mobile phone? are MET asking the impossible. (At least you sneaked your appeal in after the 14 days. Remarkable what the chance of some cash does to the "rules")

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X