• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Court Hearing - Help Needed - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye Court Hearing - Help Needed

Brilliant. Wish you'd have come back when you got the court date so you could've been better prepared but a win is a win.

Pity it wasn't the other one too.

:okay:

M1

Comment

Congratulations Mo - Sounds like you did well in court and had a half decent judge, which always helps. Well done as ever M1 xxxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by gmprasad_us View Post
        Dear M1,

Happy to share the news that the Judge dismissed Parking Eye's claim for one of my cases that was heard today.

Parking Eye sent an agent from LPC and she went through her 120+ pages documentation regarding the case. I had the initially defence that you helped me draft and nothing more (no additional evidences etc.) , though I took a photocopy of my Parking Ticket, my Train Season Ticket and a couple of pictures of Sign Posts covered by leafy wall creepers. The agent objected to me presenting these at the last minute, but the Judge said he will use his discretionary powers to accept that as he thought it is a small claim and he should give me an opportunity to present them. Inspite of her repeatedly emphasising that the defence is simply made out of content lifted from internet sites, the Judge was considerate of the facts that I reiterated.

My points were very simple based on the advise you offered.

1. No binding Contract
        2. No means to extend the payment in case of a delay
        3. no Genuine estimate of loss

In the final Judgement, he ruled that a contract exists based on evidence from PE, but finally concluded that the claim is disproportionate and sounds more of a penalty. The agent requested to appeal referring to the Beavis case (I didnt mention this), but the Judge was not keen on letting her appeal as he thought he already spent enough time on this and denied her permission to appeal. I am not sure if there is a way for PE to open this up again, but I hope it is settled for now.

I wish to let you know that this would definitely not have been possible without your help. You have been such a great support, being there every time I posted something. Thank you so much. You are a real star!

Please do let me know if you like to know more details about the case. I would be happy to share.

Thanks a ton
        Mo
        Details are always good and i hope you asked for costs

M1

Comment

No I didnt ask for the costs, neither did PE.
          I thought the Judge was already lenient on me and I didnt want the balance to tilt by making a cost claim. The hearing took almost 90 minutes and the Judge took an additional 40 minutes to write his Judgement. He was more keen to wrap it up and I was in a Dilemma as to whether ask for the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by gmprasad_us View Post
            No I didnt ask for the costs, neither did PE.
            I thought the Judge was already lenient on me and I didnt want the balance to tilt by making a cost claim. The hearing took almost 90 minutes and the Judge took an additional 40 minutes to write his Judgement. He was more keen to wrap it up and I was in a Dilemma as to whether ask for the cost.
            After you have won it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't change his mind because you asked for cost. Never mind.

M1

Comment

Thanks Amethyst,

Wish I had presented my case to the forum much earlier, but I am happy that it still resulted in a win.

Cheers
              Mo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X