• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Morrisons Parking Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Morrisons Parking Eye

Someone recently parked in a Morrisons car park - not the usual store and was in the car park for 2 hours 45 mins. On the wall directly in front of where the car was parked there was a sign saying Morrisons customers could park for free for 3 hours. I was on holidays last week and on my return received a PCN for £100 discounted to £65 if I paid by 11th April. On the first notice it said payment to be paid within 28 days of date of issue: 25/4/2018. However, I think this was an error which they realised and then on Tuesday I received a PCN reminder which said payment to be made by 25/4. I went to the car park during the week and whilst there are other signs saying parking is restricted to 2 hours free, they are very high up and not in the line of vision of someone driving into the car park, where as the sign saying 3 hours free was on the wall directly in front of where the car was apparently parked. My local Morrisons has 3 hours free parking (albeit it is a bigger store) so would think this was the same. Unfortunately no-one has any receipts and wasn't in Morrisons the whole time. I am hoping that you might be able to help me as you have helped me in the past to successfully appeal a MET PCN. I have attached copies of the PCN notices, (had to transcribe the reverse of the pages as forgot to censor these) and photos of the signage in the car park. Obviously I have exceeded the 14 days to pay £65 as I wanted to appeal as felt the signage was unclear and hoped you would help me or advise on my chances of success. Think I have until 25/4 to appeal. Appreciate your help Many Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

I think a photo of that 3 hour sign plus another photo showing where its location in context so that the position can be determined and send them up to PE and ask them to explain the reason for the charge.

If it ever got to court then as a consumer you get to use the condition that is to your advantage.

Comment

'Don't identify the driver'

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will be along shortly.
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Phaeton you have compounded the identity problem with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Phaeton you have compounded the identity problem with your post.
          I would delete it, but don't see a way, but I don't understand why you say that?
          Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

done some edits xxx

Surely the 3 hours vs 2 hours signage gives a decent appeal point ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              done some edits xxx
              Thank you

Comment

They do have a good appeal point but the photos that we have been shown have no context and could have been taken anywhere.

Comment

If it was a Morrisons car park, write to their head office and complain. I've seen on other forums that Morrisons are pretty good at getting PCNs cancelled.

Comment

An appeal with photos of the 3 hours only sign sholdbe sufficient. But the OP has not come back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X