• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal - Letter Of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha, indeed they are! Worms

I am about to start a new thread with all relevant info. I have a letter I just drafted and would really appreciate it if anyone had a few minutes to look it over for me before sending, as I fear I may have made a mistake or two but hard to know without an expert eye. I really don't want to publish it on the forum openly, even redacted, as it's very specific to me and will give me away. I know the murky maggots trawl these forums for a nice unethical advantage

I don't want to fire PMs at people (how rude!) but if any regular poster cares to have a peek, please let me know and I will do.
    Thanks again

PS I am getting no email notifications, and they are not going into spam. I checked my settings and I am subscribed. Is there a fault?
    Last edited by terry178; 12th June 2019, 14:48:PM.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

Comment

Mistake post
      Last edited by terry178; 12th June 2019, 14:48:PM. Reason: oopsie
      "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by terry178 View Post
        Ha ha, indeed they are! Worms

I am about to start a new thread with all relevant info. I have a letter I just drafted and would really appreciate it if anyone had a few minutes to look it over for me before sending, as I fear I may have made a mistake or two but hard to know without an expert eye. I really don't want to publish it on the forum openly, even redacted, as it's very specific to me and will give me away. I know the murky maggots trawl these forums for a nice unethical advantage

I don't want to fire PMs at people (how rude!) but if any regular poster cares to have a peek, please let me know and I will do.
        Thanks again
        No problems

PS I am getting no email notifications, and they are not going into spam. I checked my settings and I am subscribed. Is there a fault?
        Dunno...above my pay grade, that!
        Amethyst ?
        ####
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

NJW - I just saw your last post and looks like you wrote "no problems" in the quote. If so, does that mean you won't mind skimming my letter if I PM it to you? No pressure, just want to check if that's ok. Thanks either way.

Comment

NJW - I just saw your last post and looks like you wrote "no problems" in the quote. If so, does that mean you won't mind skimming my letter if I PM it to you? No pressure, just want to check if that's ok. Thanks either way.
            Please do.....I'll do my best!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ha, sorry, bloomin can't get notifications to work so I didn't see this and just happened on it by accident! Thank you very much.

Comment

Ha, sorry, bloomin can't get notifications to work so I didn't see this and just happened on it by accident! Thank you very much.
                Probably best just to check in here from time to time, then.
                Could you post up a pic of the *LBC & *the postal notice to keeper (NtK) - front & rear, leave all dates & times visible.
                Plus a pic of the site sign if poss.

*Redact personal info.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry, computer meltdown. All restored now.

Well I received a claim form today.

First things first, the docs you asked for.....

NTK - https://snag.gy/J5PNBe.jpg

LOC - https://snag.gy/Org0mW.jpg and https://snag.gy/cvCjR4.jpg

Today's Claim form seems to have found some pennies to add to the 'bill'! - https://snag.gy/oPSwWs.jpg

Appreciate any advice on what to do now (except panic, which I am bringing under control!)

Comment

PS, I should point out that I was in a discussion with them by letter. They clearly didn't like my last one, so didn't reply, just issued the claim. I can PM my last letter to them if that helps.

Comment

You must acknowledge the claim asap.
                      https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/
                      Defend in full for now....just tick the box, do not put any dialogue in the defence box.

We need some details which have been redacted from the NtK
                      Entry & exit time/date, date NtK was issued & location exactly as stated on the NtK..

& date of issue on the court claim form.

PS, I should point out that I was in a discussion with them by letter
                      Has the driver been ID'd? (Just yes or no).
                      Last edited by charitynjw; 19th July 2019, 06:30:AM.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks very much. One thing that confuses me is why redact anything if I am going to post exact times and dates, as those are unique enough to easily identify the claim. I could either just post the entire lot unredacted, or I could PM those times/dates if that works?
                        I will have a read of that link, looks very useful. Thanks again for the assistance

P.S. I am going to reply by post as I prefer that. Unless there is any reason to do it electronically I will do that later today

Comment

It's more difficult (though not impossible) for potential 'prying eyes' to ID the NtK from time/dates alone.
                          But to give an opinion, it's info we do really need.
                          A necessary 'evil'?

P.S. I am going to reply by post as I prefer that
                          If you mean the acknowledgement, allow min 2 working days & get proof of sending.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Dates would help, the date of breach and the date the notice was sent. times not neccessary
                            The original NTK seems to be conconforming to POFA, No invitation and keeper liability not correctly stated.

No period of parking if the photos were taken while the car was moving. Moving is not parking

Comment

Thanks both of you. A necessary evil - sure, I agree with that and have taken calculated risks for that very same reason. I have checked the dates already and think they served the NTK in good time etc, but here they are in case I overlooked something:

Date of issue of court claim form is 17 July 2019.

Here is NTK with fewer redactions - https://snag.gy/Xsduav.jpg

PS - last letter received seems to admit they haven't sent a LOC but commits to doing so, then they didn't! https://snag.gy/5VQo2W.jpg

"Moving is not parking" - That's a little infuriating as I have been thinking (and saying) that since the start, but been advised it's a no go! EIther way, I would love to challenge the point in court - namely that proof of driving is NOT proof of parking, and thus how can they issue a parking charge with no evidence of parking? It may sound silly, but the law is specific for good reason because oddities do happen in life, hence evidence is crucial in any case. For example who's to say the vehicle didn't drive around for 2 hours and leave, or drive in and out for 2 hours and they just decided to produce the first and last pictures to extort some cash?

Comment

Period of parking is a required statement in POFA. 9 (2) (a) if you are moving then you can't be parking. Where is the statement. Why is it a no go?

The notice must state the invitation described in 9 (2) (e)

the warning 9 (2) (f) is not in the correct format, and short changes on time.

Must identify the creditor 9 (2) ( h)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X