• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye court claim no other letters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking eye court claim no other letters.

Originally posted by Parking Nose View Post
    I believe in Law the letters have to be served to you, They can't just send you court letters, this will look bad in court for Parking eye, Mediation is also expected from the courts, The courts are welcoming mediation, If You try and Mediate with Parking eye to avoid going to court and Rachel Ledson the so called solicitor for Parking eye do not accept your mediation, show the Judge that you tried, it will look bad on them as they will be classed as arrogant and just looking for this Ledson woman to make a name for herself, The courts are welcoming mediation to free court time.

"A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales."

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      "A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales."

M1
      This is where I'm at, i need to file a defence with the court by Monday and not having any info bar the court claim have put this draft together, gleamed from many blogs and case studies, may be over kill any advise welcomed, thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slanted View Post
        This is where I'm at, i need to file a defence with the court by Monday and not having any info bar the court claim have put this draft together, gleamed from many blogs and case studies, may be over kill any advise welcomed, thanks.
        Ok this is what happened to me, you file your defence, they will send your response to Parkingeye,s solicitors , they will look at your reply and decide if you are going to make them look like idiot's in court, if they think you are going to show her up they will back off and go back under the stone they crawled out of,The solicitors are trying to prove to their bosses they are worthy of their wages so they are under pressure, They are trying to formulate law for the parking industry. Most wins for Parkingeye have been won because people have defaulted. These so called Parking management companies are mostly from the old clampers, Also Parkingeye have been bought out by Capita, Capita CEO Paul Pindaer said it will flog ParkingEye's car park management and "enforcement" business to new and existing customers in leisure, local government, NHS, education and retail. He said its new parking wing has "synergies" with its other "cash collection and payment processing business".
        Last edited by Parking Nose; 12th July 2014, 06:58:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Parking Nose View Post
          Ok this is what happened to me, you file your defence, they will send your response to Parkingeye,s solicitors , they will look at your reply and decide if you are going to make them look like idiot's in court, if they think you are going to show her up they will back off and go back under the stone they crawled out of,The solicitors are trying to prove to their bosses they are worthy of their wages so they are under pressure, They are trying to formulate law for the parking industry. Most wins for Parkingeye have been won because people have defaulted. These so called Parking management companies are mostly from the old clampers, Also Parkingeye have been bought out by Capita, Capita CEO Paul Pindaer said it will flog ParkingEye's car park management and "enforcement" business to new and existing customers in leisure, local government, NHS, education and retail. He said its new parking wing has "synergies" with its other "cash collection and payment processing business".

Thanks for for the reply. After sending a letter to PE that was received in the 8th July stating I had no notices from them and only the court claim they tried to get a judgment passed on the 9th July but it was denied given I had already filed acknowledgment of service. I was just wondering if my defense at this stage has to be as long as the letter I attached previously to this thread - presumably so or could be longer if they are going to assess their chances of winning in court , it states the usual stuff that would have gone to popla had I had the opportunity to do so, so

1: pre-estimate of loss argument
          2: not the landowner
          3: signage
          4: ANCR camera irregularities with time stamping

and then went into further detail quoting case references , Popla assessor statements and asking for detailed proof of all evidence and legal right to run the at park, manage parking fines, proof of camera maintenance, etc and any counterclaim I could find in the event that PE came back with arguments to these points.

Comment

Thanks for for the reply. After sending a letter to PE that was received in the 8th July stating I had no notices from them and only the court claim they tried to get a judgment passed on the 9th July but it was denied given I had already filed acknowledgment of service. I was just wondering if my defense at this stage has to be as long as the letter I attached previously to this thread - presumably so or could be longer if they are going to assess their chances of winning in court , it states the usual stuff that would have gone to popla had I had the opportunity to do so, so

1: pre-estimate of loss argument
            2: not the landowner
            3: signage
            4: ANCR camera irregularities with time stamping

and then went into further detail quoting case references , Popla assessor statements and asking for detailed proof of all evidence and legal right to run the at park, manage parking fines, proof of camera maintenance, etc and any counterclaim I could find in the event that PE came back with arguments to these points.

They play dirty, any chance for their solicitors to show they are worth the money they are being paid, you have 28 days plus approx 5 days from the date of them applying to the court, check with northampton county court, they will tell you how long you have left, after the 28 + 5 days they have 48 hours to go to court for judgement .0300 123 1056. Good on you, Im going through the same stuff, good luck at least we are giving them a run for their money

Comment

Sorry i haven't had a chance to redo this for you yet as i've been on shift all weekend. If you still want help just post to let me know and i'll try and sort it.

M1
              Last edited by mystery1; 14th July 2014, 14:54:PM.

Comment

Could you possibly update this with what happened? I am in the same situation as you now with having received no letters prior to the court letter and have found your thread very helpful thus far.
                Could you let me know what further action was taken / what the outcome was?

Many thanks.

Comment

I received a parking fine at morrisons but paid for the 4 hours I was parked there. I paid the £50 before the 14 days as after this it would cost me £85. Heard I can claim this back. How do I do this? I did not keep parking receipts
                  Thanks in advance
                  Catherine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X