• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye court claim no other letters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye court claim no other letters.

Hi,
    I have just received a county court claim from parking eye for overstaying the max stay time in a car park in February this year.

Reading on the internet it seems to suggest parking eye are to-rags and that I should have received pervious PCNs, I have received nothing else and am rather shocked of the demand for £165.

i would very much appreciate some advice on what to do to dispute it, being honest we might have overstayed and might have to pay a parking charge but the court fee and solicitors court hardly seem fair if I never received the PCNs in the first place.

I have attached the image.

thanks in advance.

Flood
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Private eye court claim no other letters.

What is the date on the form ?

Have you logged on to the MCoL site and filed Acknowledgement of Service ?

Pics of the signage at the car park would help too.

M1

Comment

Re: Private eye court claim no other letters.

Thanks for speedy reply,
      date on form is issued on 6th may (or do you mean the date the parking charge was issued?)

i have not done anything at all other than post here, should I go on Mcol site?

also as for signage, I don't live near so can't take a snap.

what should I do?

thanks

Comment

Re: Parking eye court claim no other letters.

Go on to the court site and acknowledge service. This gives you a total of 33 days from the date on the form rather than the 19 you have at present.

We would then wait until the result of the test case in Cambridge or the last few days you have to file a defence, whichever comes first, and proceed accordingly.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...g-session.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...n-session.html

It is anticipated that the judgement will be within the next 2 weeks.

Whilst that all happens, if you know the retailers of the site a complaint to them may see the ticket cancelled.

M1

Comment

M1,
          Many thanks for this. I have acknowledged service and will follow the Cambridge case.

do you mean I have 33 days from 6th may (I.e from receiving the court claim letter?)

the thing I am also annoyed about is not getting any other PCNs from parking eye, is there any point me moaning at the to say where are they or will they just say well now you have court notice so go with that?

I will contact the retailers in the car park in the meantime.

Cheers

Comment

33 days from the date of the claim so the date on top right corner beside the claim number.

M1

Comment

Hi,
              I read the Cambridge case was found in favour of Parking eye. Does this mean I have pretty much no option but to pay my county court claim?
              i have written to shops at car park but no reply and contacted parking eye phone and email to ask why I never received a PCN before this county court claim. On the phone Parking eye said they have sent them and it does not matter if I have received them or not as having now acknowledged the county court letter I must either pay or defend in court.
              any suggestions?
              thanks
              flood

Comment

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...test-case.html

It makes it harder however it is only a small claims decision as acknowledged by the judge.

If it is correct that you never got the pcn there maybe other angles to the case aside from the many usual arguments to put forward.

Litigation always carries a risk. Some accept it some don't

M1

Comment

every letter from the court is signed by Rachel ledson , a solicitor from parking eye, she seems to be doing all the work, all 660.000 parking tickets a year, I also believe Parking eye don,t pay the full court fee's, they have an agreement with the courts, I phoned up the court and the chap said they were Bulk claims, that would tell me they are paying a small fee or maybe nothing at all till the defendant pays the fine, I wonder if anyone can Investigate this, Now watch the courts and parking eye start to panic, if this is true and exposed

Comment

Don't know whether this has a bearing, but Anne Robinson had the BPA up on Watchdog, this week and she brought up the use of FAKE Court Papers by PPCs with the BPA guy who avoided answering completely, so I would recommend PN contacts Watchdog with the details of their case, PE are a duplicitous cheating shower at best, even if their Summons is kosher.

Comment

HI All, i have been reading the posts and other forums in regards to Parking Eye and how to appeal however i am in the same boat here, i have never received any notice to owner the first i knew was the court papers, i have filed an Acknowledgement of service but don't know how i now present my case as i have little info other than the date the alleged contravention of overstaying the 2hrs occurred

Comment

Originally posted by slanted View Post
                        HI All, i have been reading the posts and other forums in regards to Parking Eye and how to appeal however i am in the same boat here, i have never received any notice to owner the first i knew was the court papers, i have filed an Acknowledgement of service but don't know how i now present my case as i have little info other than the date the alleged contravention of overstaying the 2hrs occurred
                        The first port of call is the claim form. That is where the information you need to refute should lie.

M1

Comment

Below is the working, there is no real info about times etc so not having seen the original notice to owner i can't be sure how long the alleged over stay was. I have a meeting with management tomorrow at the store but failing a receipt their manager said it was unlikely he could sent a message to PE to cancel, especially as they had issued court claim.

Parriculars of claim:
                          Claim for monies outstanding from the defendant, as registered keeper, in relation to a parking Charge, issued xxxx, for parking on private land in breach of the terms and conditions (the contract)
                          Parking Eyes automated number plate recognition system, monitoring Morrisson's XXXXXXX, captured vehicle XXXX entering and leaving the car park, overstaying the max stay time. The signage, clearly displayed at the entrance to and throughout the car park,states that this is a private land, is managed by Parking Eye Ltd, and is a max stay site, along with other T & C's by which those who park on site agree to be bound. In accordance with the T &C's set out in the signage, the Parking Charge became payable. Notice under the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. This claim is in reference to Charge(s): xxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by slanted View Post
                            Below is the working, there is no real info about times etc so not having seen the original notice to owner i can't be sure how long the alleged over stay was. I have a meeting with management tomorrow at the store but failing a receipt their manager said it was unlikely he could sent a message to PE to cancel, especially as they had issued court claim.

Parriculars of claim:
                            Claim for monies outstanding from the defendant, as registered keeper, in relation to a parking Charge, issued xxxx, for parking on private land in breach of the terms and conditions (the contract)
                            Parking Eyes automated number plate recognition system, monitoring Morrisson's XXXXXXX, captured vehicle XXXX entering and leaving the car park, overstaying the max stay time. The signage, clearly displayed at the entrance to and throughout the car park,states that this is a private land, is managed by Parking Eye Ltd, and is a max stay site, along with other T & C's by which those who park on site agree to be bound. In accordance with the T &C's set out in the signage, the Parking Charge became payable. Notice under the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. This claim is in reference to Charge(s): xxxxxx
                            Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-claim.html

http://www.parking-prankster.com/sample-defence.html

Now what you need to do is to read these and make any points which are non standard such as unreadable signs, areas where you can go without seeing a sign etc etc and then combine a standard defence plus the extra points too.

You would also be best to include in your defence and in a letter to the court that it's best to wait on the Beavis appeal. http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...urt-cases.html

Pictures of signs and letters would help. The more information the better.

As already stated file acknowledgement of service. This gives you 14 extra days to act and a total of 33 days from the date of the claim form.

M1
                            You should also include the fact that you didn't get any LBA.

You also wish to add that as you didn't get any notice to keeper that PoFA 2012 conditions for holding the registered keeper liable have not been met so they should be chasing the driver. I suspect it was sent but not received though.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Flood View Post
                              Hi,
                              I read the Cambridge case was found in favour of Parking eye. Does this mean I have pretty much no option but to pay my county court claim?
                              i have written to shops at car park but no reply and contacted parking eye phone and email to ask why I never received a PCN before this county court claim. On the phone Parking eye said they have sent them and it does not matter if I have received them or not as having now acknowledged the county court letter I must either pay or defend in court.
                              any suggestions?
                              thanks
                              flood
                              I believe in Law the letters have to be served to you, They can't just send you court letters, this will look bad in court for Parking eye, Mediation is also expected from the courts, The courts are welcoming mediation, If You try and Mediate with Parking eye to avoid going to court and Rachel Ledson the so called solicitor for Parking eye do not accept your mediation, show the Judge that you tried, it will look bad on them as they will be classed as arrogant and just looking for this Ledson woman to make a name for herself, The courts are welcoming mediation to free court time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X