• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court letter

hi all,

looking for some advice to go about this. Received a county court claim form through the post. The driver parked on a private car park and overstayed the maximum amount of time. Claimant is Total Parking Solutions (BW Legal). I ignored all previous claims.

I have been online and have acknowledged the claim.
    There was no windscreen ticket (notice to driver). I have only had postal claims.
    I did not reply to any of their correspondence.

Any guidance to how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by aust2; 5th April 2019, 15:10:PM.
    Tags: None

Can you do pictures of the claim form, notice to keeper and any parking signs you have ( suitably redacted of personal info ) please.

To Upload - click the paperclip icon above right, then scroll down to UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

.....and edit your post so that the driver is not identified. Change it to "the driver parked..."

Comment

Apolgies for late reply. Please find attached files.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Nice motor! (But perhaps best to redact the details on the posted N1 claim form....also the password.)

Could you post up the notice to keeper? (Front & back, redact personal data but leave all times/dates visible.)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,

Apologies! Have revised the upload. I did not keep any of the correspondence unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by aust2 View Post
              Hi,

I did not keep any of the correspondence unfortunately.
              Did you receive a pre-action protocol pack from TPS/BWL?
              Have you asked for full disclosure of documentation/evidence?

As you've already acknowleged the court claim, you have 33 days from the issue date in which to file a defence.
              I make that Sun 5th May (but check that yourself!) , & if so, the next working day is fine.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes I think I did receive the protocool pack. It was extra forms within the letter?

I have not asked for full disclosure of the documentation or evidence. How do I go about asking for this?

Sunday 5th of May is correct to my understanding. I do apologise for the lack of replies. I have had person stuff to deal with. I shall be checking this everyday now. Apologies again.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes I think I did receive the protocool pack. It was extra forms within the letter?

I have not asked for full disclosure of the documentation or evidence. How do I go about asking for this?

Sunday 5th of May is correct to my understanding. I do apologise for the lack of replies. I have had person stuff to deal with. I shall be checking this everyday now. Apologies again.

Thanks for your help.
                  https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/debt-pap.pdf

It should be somehing like above.
                  Don't bother with the I & E sheet (unless you are admitting to owing the alleged debt & require time to pay.)
                  Tick box D (Dispute the claim.)
                  Tick box I (Disclosure of evidence.)
                  Ask for
                  A copy of the KADOE agreement between the parking co & DVLA.
                  A copy of the agreement between the landowner & the parking co, together with copies of any other agreements which form a chain between the landowner & the parking co. (ie any managing agent, etc.)
                  Copies of all evidence which the Claimant parking co will rely on in court, including (but not limited to) the notice to keeper & site signage.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi,

I feel like a complete idiot. I havent sent off any of the forms. Can I submit online or am I too late to post?

I take it the last date would now be Tuesday the 5th May as Monday is a bank holiday.

I really appreciate your help everyone.

Comment

I take it the last date would now be Tuesday the 5th May as Monday is a bank holiday.
                      Shouldn't this be the 7th?

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X