• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casty61 View Post
    Hi any further advice would be great as I'm getting close to running out of time to post my defence
    Hi Casty

Could you confirm the claim issue date as 25th Feb?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

ok after a little further research i have sent in the attached clam defense as I was running out of time, Parking Claim.doc

Comment

When does your defence need to be filed? (33 days from the issue date on the N1 court claim.)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I'll move you to the parking forum so you aren't overlooked xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I'll move you to the parking forum so you aren't overlooked xxx
            We've got signs up in there!

Attached Files
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi there, been a while since I requested your help, I have received acknowledgement of my defence and a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track with the offer of mediation and the possibility of settlement without a court appearance which I have to complete and return by May 13th. How should I proceed.

Comment

yes to small claims, mediation? they will try and get you to pay so you can offer to drop hands in that they drop the case each side pays their own costs, or no mediation. And a copy to the court and the claimant.

Comment

Make sure that you complete & return the DQ in a timely fashion.
                  Courts are very hot on this atm, & even a small delay in responding on time could result in your defence being struck out.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I have 2 notices from CPM's solicitors Gladstones, the first advises me that they wish to proceed through small claims but do not wish to entertain mediation. The second sets out their evidence by showing photos of the signs in the car park, an overhead shot showing where the signs are placed, a copy of the sign's wording and lastly a photo of my vehicle. The picture of my car could have been taken anywhere there is literally nothing else in shot but a background of a building with no signs or distinguishing marks and no car park lines shown, my vehicle fills the shot head on.They still haven't provided evidence as to who was the driver and I haven't admitted anything.

Comment

I have 2 notices from CPM's solicitors Gladstones, the first advises me that they wish to proceed through small claims but do not wish to entertain mediation. The second sets out their evidence by showing photos of the signs in the car park, an overhead shot showing where the signs are placed, a copy of the sign's wording and lastly a photo of my vehicle. The picture of my car could have been taken anywhere there is literally nothing else in shot but a background of a building with no signs or distinguishing marks and no car park lines shown, my vehicle fills the shot head on.They still haven't provided evidence as to who was the driver and I haven't admitted anything.
                      Have they sent copies of the notice to keeper (& if applicable, notice to driver aka windscreen ticket.)?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Have they sent copies of the notice to keeper (& if applicable, notice to driver aka windscreen ticket.)?
                        They have sent a copy of NTK there was no windscreen ticket, they have also said that they intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers without the need for an oral hearing.as the costs incurred by both parties appearing would be disproportionate.

Comment

They have sent a copy of NTK there was no windscreen ticket, they have also said that they intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers without the need for an oral hearing.as the costs incurred by both parties appearing would be disproportionate.
                          Ok
                          Could you post up pics of the NtK (front & rear, redact personal info but leave times & dates visible.)
                          If it were me I'd still say 'yes' to mediation, & object to a 'papers only' hearing.
                          I have seen allegations where they have stated 'paper only' on the DQ, but their legal rep has turned up at the hearing anyway.

& as previously stated, make sure your DQ is filed on time.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Ok
                            Could you post up pics of the NtK (front & rear, redact personal info but leave times & dates visible.)
                            If it were me I'd still say 'yes' to mediation, & object to a 'papers only' hearing.
                            I have seen allegations where they have stated 'paper only' on the DQ, but their legal rep has turned up at the hearing anyway.

& as previously stated, make sure your DQ is filed on time.
                            Hi DQ was filed on time, I did say yes to mediation but didn't object to papers only hearing as I'd already completed the DQ before receiving your advice.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Or they add additional information in the "paper Only" documents and you are therefore denied the opportunity to refute.

You could send a seperate letterr to the court objecting to the paper only.

Looking at that PCN they haven't identified the location of parking. Where is this location "Betts Way"? There are many hits at different location on Google maps. Where was it?

Would be nice to see a photo of the signs
                              Last edited by ostell; 27th May 2019, 09:27:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                                Or they add additional information in the "paper Only" documents and you are therefore denied the opportunity to refute.

You could send a seperate letterr to the court objecting to the paper only.

Looking at that PCN they haven't identified the location of parking. Where is this location "Betts Way"? There are many hits at different location on Google maps. Where was it?

Would be nice to see a photo of the signs
                                Yes the location is Betts Way
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X