• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim and I’m not the keeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court claim and I’m not the keeper

Hello Experts,
    ok apologies straight off for my ignorance here.....
    I’ce received a County Court summons for a ticket. I have ignored all previous letters. I am the driver but my ex husband is the registered keeper. I need to AOS-please explain do I put myself down on the form as the driver? I know you leave the defense blank but wasn’t sure about adding your name?
    The do not have any info on driver. I’ve never replied to any ketter. Yes I’m in England. Car park company is UKCM LTD and u was unwittingly parked in a disabled bay-please don’t judge it was a genuine mistake in a free car park. Whole bill is now £270.
    Many help so appreciated. I need to get this sent ASAP letter is dated 25/2
    rhank you
    Tags: None

Any help here lovely people???

Comment

Hi

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

Once you've acknowledged, post back & we'll go from there.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Your ex husband has probably named you as the driver, as he is permitted to do to remove liability from himself and over to you. However he does not know who was driving and you should handle this as the keeper.

So post up a redacted copy of the first notice you received

Comment

Surprisingly he hasn’t. I have however applied to get my car in my own name and I put my name on acknowledgement as I was under pressure *♀️ Hope that’s not a big error. I have sent it off correct otherwise. I will post back when I have the reply.
          Just want to say thanks for your help in advance and the advice you give all round on this site. These tickets can be so stressful and it’s a relief to get help Hugely appreciated

Comment

You are the KEEPER of the car, just not the registered keeper. Or possibly you are?

So the Claim was in one name and you have acknowledged in another? Therein lies madness!!!

This is getting confusing!!! Whose name is on the V5 document, whose name is the Court Claim form in? You don't tell them who was driving. Edit your posts so the identity of the driver can't be inferred.

Acknowledging the claim gives 33 days from date of issue (it's on the form) to get the defence to the court.

Comment

Comment

Can you please point me in the direction of defender examples and any advice I may need in this. So so grateful thank you

Comment

I take it there has not been a county court claim issued yet?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The OP stated "Have received a County Court Summons".

Is this in Scotland? The wording made me curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      The OP stated "Have received a County Court Summons".

Is this in Scotland? The wording made me curious.
                      I believe that for amounts £5000 or less they call it a 'simple procedure court claim' up in Scottishland.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

This is the response after I have replied I wish to defend too the county court letter.
                        I am not in Scotland.
                        I just need some advice on building defence.
                        I understand this is standard that they offer you a chance to pay part of the fine.
                        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Peanutspark View Post
                          This is the response after I have replied I wish to defend too the county court letter.
                          I am not in Scotland.
                          I just need some advice on building defence.
                          I understand this is standard that they offer you a chance to pay part of the fine.
                          Thank you
                          The letter you have posted is not a county court claim, but possibly a precursor to one.

Have you had an official county court claim notification? (Form N1 with seal & claim number.)

Btw, on that letter, look who they are asking you to pay.
                          DRP.....toothless debt collectors masquerading as Gladrags solicitors!
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No I said this is their response after I have sent a reply to the county court claim letter with nothing in the defence box and I now have my 28 days to send my defence.
                            Could you please point me in the direction of defence examples?
                            I am ashamed to say I’m tempted to pay this as its getting me down trying to navigate the responses etc. I am concerned too that I had originally mistakenly parked in a disabled bay which was a genuine mistake...... I’m worried.
                            Anyway I appreciate the responses. Time is running out

Comment

Could you post up pics of

The postal notice to keeper (front & rear)

If applicable, the windscreen notice to driver.

The court claim form.

Redact personal info, ref no's etc, but leave all times/dates visible.

Also a pic/pics of the sit signage.

We're working in the dark otherwise.

There isn't really a one-size-fits-all template; every defence is bespoke.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X