• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ccj set aside defence needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worried now

Comment

Don't be worrying- you have the CCJ set aside ( have you got the order from court yet?) so it'll come off your file and credit report. You don't want the CCJ back and the amount is something like £250 ? If you don't want to defend you could negotiate settlement with VCS to pay monthly and they withdraw the claim - or you can file a defence and negotiate afterwards - or simply proceed with defending- but if there isn't a strong defence Id try to settle as the credit file and mortgage is far more important than the principle of the parking charge.

Btw - Have you been been back to the airport hotel since and got photos of the signs ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Quick look on google maps ... quite heavy signage and a pay machine

Click image for larger version  Name:	41269C93-B533-4774-A24D-2C7231F41E5A.png Views:	1 Size:	625.4 KB ID:	1427941
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hi ive not got anything from the courts yet. should I ring vcs and set up a payment plan or should I try to defend myself if you defend your self and fail what happens does the ccj reappear? I emailed the land owner but got this reply.... also it does not mention blue badges needs to pay?
          RS

Retail Customer Services <retail.customerservices@frederic-robinson.co.uk>
          Tue 09/10/2018, 11:19

Dear Mr Hayes

Thank you for your email regarding your parking fine and subsequent court action following your visit to The Airport Pub, Ringway Road in February 2017.

We are sorry to hear about your CCJ but note that this is the first instance that it has been brought to our attention.

If you had contacted us earlier, and indeed before the court case, we could have tried to have this cancelled, but unfortunately, we cannot reverse a CCJ.

We have extensive signage around the outside of our pub that goes above the legal requirements and have a waiting time of over 10 minutes before any fines at issued.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

Yes if you defended and the other side took it through a hearing and won, then the CCJ would be reapplied ( you would have 28 days to pay before it got stuck on the register for 6 years )

Personally, I think you're better talking to VCS and sorting out settling the debt but I don't know your circumstances other than that you were trying to get a mortgage, if you can manage to just pay it, although it will be annoying, you won't have to worry about it further.... but I'd prefer to wait until you get the order from the court to be absolutely sure the judgment is set aside - normally takes a month before it is removed from the register and credit file. You could put the defence in to give yourself a bit more time to raise the money to pay it off …..

Not sure if ostell 's looked back in since you uploaded the NTK - so I don't know if you would have a defence that has any legs at all.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

spoken to VCS its 180 paying 50 a month

Comment

better it went to charity

Comment

Originally posted by jayhayes View Post
                  spoken to VCS its 180 paying 50 a month
                  £60 a month be better else it's 3 months £50 and 1 month £30 .... lol

And the claim discontinued ?

Any sign of order from court yet ? ( May be worth chasing them up )
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry I didn't get back. I couldn't read the NTK.

Just a longshot but what is the name of the company on the parking sign? There have been a few cases where the name on the sign, ie the contract, has been Excel parking but VCS have made the claim despite being a stranger to the contract. There is currently one in Birmingham in dispute.

Edit: Had another look at the sign and I couldn't actually see a name, or a hint, on it at all.

Comment

Hi not sure but I do have letters from excel yano

Comment

So excel have appeared ! If the sign and the the original paperwork were from excel then VCS are a stranger to the contract (the contract for parking) and cannot have any rights to take this matter to court. They are the wring claimant. Go back and get a good picture of that sign to see what it says in the hope that it has not been changed. You could point this out to VCS before accepting their offer of payment in installments or let it go to court with a defence that it is the wrong claimant. Hope you find those Excel documents.

Even no name on the sign is a good thing.

The landowner can tell his subcontractor to cancel even if the matter has gone to court.

Comment

Yes I have one from excel when I first appealed theb the rest is vcs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X