• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ccj set aside defence needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccj set aside defence needed

Good afternoon im Jamie

I was at st helens county court yesterday for a set aside hearing I manged to get the ccj set a side due to being oarked in a disabled bay and not seeing any signs saying I didn't have to pay. I know need a defence I need help because I strulge with grammer etc. I will post some info now

I was at the airport pub at Manchester airport nd parked in a disabled bay with bage and did no see any signs saying I would need to pay I have been to thsis pub many times this is only the first ticket I have got. I first recived my ticket on the 1st of march 2017 and imdatley appealed this. but moved house seen and I forgot to follow it up. after my mortagage got delciened in aug this year I seem to have a ccj I rang up the court strighat away and it was from VCS sent to wrong address.

I have bank statements to prove that I was at the pub

relly want someone to help me with a deference ive tried a few solicitors but no one are willing to help
    Tags: None

Afternoon Jamie.

Well done on getting the judgment set aside

Could you tell us how much the claim is?
    Have you asked at the pub to have the ticket cancelled ?
    Do you still have your copy of the notice to keeper and the appeal documents from before you moved? ( do you know the appeal outcome?)

Did you get your mortgage sorted out ? If your priority is getting rid of the CCJ so that can go ahead, you might be best settling the claim direct by negotiation now the CCJ has been set aside rather than risk it being reapplied in the future.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi.

yeah its for 205 pounds yes I do have the docoments VSL legal adviser gave it me yesterday. they have rejected the appeal.

no I have had my mortgage declined unfornatley.

im scared because I cant afford a soicotor and the judge told me to get one for my defence

Comment

Okay - to me - your mortgage is more important - if you are 100% certain that the CCJ is set aside and is being removed from the register ( you should get an order through from the court stating that and giving directions for filing defence ) - then just get it paid if you can.

Did your mortgage advisor see the ccj and not put the application in advising you to have the ccj sorted out before applying ? or did you apply and then ask why it had been declined to then find out about the ccj ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hi. I got my dip then when for full apication and it was there

Comment

Arses. Well hopefully you'll get the order from the court confirming the set aside shortly - did the judge give you a date by which to file your defence ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

hi amethyst I know right lost me a house for what 200 parking fine its wrong! yeah 21 days ive got. what do I write? ive got bank statements to show I was eating there copy of blue badge etc

thanks for you time

Comment

Have you still got the documents you received from the parking company or photos of the signs?

Unfortunately Blue Badges mean diddly squat in private car parks.

Comment

yes Ostell i have

Comment

Post them up, suitably redacted, see if they got it right, Photos of the signs would help.

Comment

sure.... even got proof i was eating there too

Comment

Damn - sorry I anonymised the ntk but seem to have lost the card statement ...
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Comment

Was it a pay and display / reg number machine ? can't see a time limit and an hour 18 mins seems very mean / daft for a restaurant to have limited parking time so I'd guess it is a pay machine. Have you spoken with the restaurant about this at all ?

When's your defence due to be filed? 24th Oct ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

yes I been told it was. ive emailed the company today yes saying
                              Good Evening i was visiting your pub on the 6th of feb 2017, i have a meal and a few drinks.

i was parked in the disabled bay like i do because i have CP. when i visit the airport pub showing my blue badge, ive never had a problem.

on this occasion i received a parking charge and i was in utter shock i tried to appeal but didn't here anything

1 year later i got took to court and had a cci but on my file because of this. and lost my mortgage appeal i think this is shocking!

ive always loved the airport pub but this is ridiculous how a pub i was eating is as lost me my family home.

i will be looking at rising this with local media and other partys.

is there anything you can do before i proceeded

im deferstaed how your pub have lost me my home being disabled is one thing but to try and move house for more adaptions and being dinaled a mortgage because of a cci from your pub is another

Jamie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X