• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Claim Form from Money Claim Online -

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Claim Form from Money Claim Online -

    My daughter has received a claim from Money Claim Online filed by Gladstones on behalf of UK Car Park Managment she also has another outstanding ticket from them. I am wondering whether we should submit a defense and run the risk of losing or should we just pay. I would be very grateful for any advice.

    My daughter is a care worker looking after people in their own homes. One of her clients lives in a housing development where they have Parking Permits and the car park is managed by UKCPM. At the time of the tickets her client did not have a permit, however my daughter’s car has a West Sussex Parking Permit clearly on display and the car park staff are fully aware that she is a carer looking after a vulnerable person. Her client now has a permit but there is still an issue when the District Nurse and the carer are both visiting at the same time as there is only 1 permit.

    Unfortunately, she chose to ignore the letters, mistakenly believing that the charges could be enforced, what can we do?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    First of all she must acknowledge the claim using the details given on the form. Do not enter anything in the defence. This gives 33 days from date of issue to get a defence to the court.

    Get, if you can, a copy of the lease or rental agreement for the residence and see what it says about parking, it probably says nothing about having to display permits and paying of you do not. Get her to contact the management of the development and ask them to cancel the charges made by UKCPM. If the management hired them then they can tell them to discontinue, even if a court claim has started.

    IYou may care to point out to them that it is ridiculous penalising care service personnel


    • #3
      Thanks, I have done all of the above and the management agent is going to try and resolve with the parking company, I will let you know what happens


      • #4
        The tenants lease does say that permits are required


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




        Please check you are reading the most up to date information.
        Current advice (2018) is DO NOT IGNORE a parking charge.
        See more
        See less

        upgrade to vip

        Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

        only £15/yr

        Offers available. No subscription traps.

        sign up now

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm