• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking

Hello dear mistery1, sorry to disturb, but please advice me! I have got almost the same situation,( like below) , have letter to pay 100, it was 50 if to pay within 14 days of date, but we get letter after 17 days. We don't saw sign as well and overstayed a little bit as well, please advice, what to write them how to appeal?! Thank you very much. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((
    Originally posted by Rusco View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here looking for a bit of advice.

I have been served with a parking fine of £100 from MET Parking Service. If I don't pay within a certain amount of time it goes up to £150.

I was at Mcdonalds outside Gatwick, I decided to pop in and grab something to eat. I failed to see the signs that say you only have a 60 minutes parking limit. Granted it was there for a while, 77 minutes to be precise according to the letter, so I was 17mins late getting back to my car and leaving. I have no proof that I was in there eating, who keeps a receipt from a Mcdonalds?
    They send me a picture of my car arriving and leaving. I think £100 is really harsh for being 17 minutes over is there anything I can do or do I just have to suck it up and pay?
    thanks in advance.
    Last edited by July; 30th September 2015, 10:28:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Met Parking

Mystery1, please can you advice with similar situation, how it s possible to appeal met parking, they send me a letter for 100£, if payed in 14 days - 50£, but we get the letter 17 days after incident. We overstayed parking for 10 minuts, don't saw sign. I want appeal for 1 St time, so don't imagine how to write and what to say. Thank you in advance. Julija

Comment

Re: MET Parking Services advice - Won

[QUOTE=July;579570]Hello dear mystery1, sorry to disturb, but please advice me! I have got almost the same situation,( like below) , have letter to pay 100, it was 50 if payed within 14 days of date, but we get letter 17 days after incident. We don't saw sign as well and overstayed a little bit , please advice, what to write them how to appeal?! Or it is better to write them email or signed by post?! Thank you very much. Julija ((((((((((((((((((((/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Rusco;449801]Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here looking for a bit of advice.

I have been served with a parking fine of £100 from MET Parking Service. If I don't pay within a certain amount of time it goes up to £150.

I was at Mcdonalds outside Gatwick, I decided to pop in and grab something to eat. I failed to see the signs that say you only have a 60 minutes parking limit. Granted it was there for a while, 77 minutes to be precise according to the letter, so I was 17mins late getting back to my car and leaving. I have no proof that I was in there eating, who keeps a receipt from a Mcdonalds?
      They send me a picture of my car arriving and leaving. I think £100 is really harsh for being 17 minutes over is there anything I can do or do I just have to suck it up and pay?
      thanks in advance.

Comment

Re: MET Parking Services advice

sorry to disturb again, or

''dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of McDonalds and did not see the signage. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss as well as being an amount larger than permitted under the BPA code of practice to which you subscribe.

I will not name the driver as i am under no statutory obligation to do so.

Please accept my apeal or supply a popla code.

Yours etc''

it would be enough to appeal? should I mention that they sent me letter 17 days after notice issue date, and I was failed to pay smaller fee, in 14 days?, and if they will give me popla code, what should I write them?
        your help really apreciated.

Comment

Re: Met parking

Can you scan the letter ad let me see it please ?

Appeal is probably fine, i just want to see if they've messed up keeper liability.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X