• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

piperinc - Debt Recovery Plus Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: piperinc - Debt Recovery Plus Letter

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    File it with the others.

M1
    Whilst this is the standard response for Scotland if you were not the driver at the time (ParkingEye only write to the Keeper) then you should tell both DR+ and ParkingEye that a) you were not driving and b) you are under no obligation to tell them who was.

If they then continue to contact you, complain to Trading Standards and ask TS to refer the matter to the Procurator Fiscal. There is already a criminal case in Scotland where a parking company has been to court for harassing a Keeper who can never be liable.
    Not here a lot but you'll find me on Pepipoo.

Comment

Originally posted by emanresu View Post
      Whilst this is the standard response for Scotland if you were not the driver at the time (ParkingEye only write to the Keeper) then you should tell both DR+ and ParkingEye that a) you were not driving and b) you are under no obligation to tell them who was.

If they then continue to contact you, complain to Trading Standards and ask TS to refer the matter to the Procurator Fiscal. There is already a criminal case in Scotland where a parking company has been to court for harassing a Keeper who can never be liable.
      DRP can't go to court. Personally i wouldn't encourage them to send more bogroll by entering in to correspondence with them.

Nothing inherently wrong with your way, it's just not the same way as me. ( Emanresu does know plenty about PPC for those who don't keep up on all fora)

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

I've just received this letter from DRP they have kindly reduced the fee down to £108

I'm guessing just the usual file it with the rest I have.

I've also noticed when I was last in Perth that the only part that is Parking Eye is Morrison's the rest are UKPC
        would it be worth also complaining to them with regards to it as I've never received any proof of us parking there at all. not that I have asked for any or been in contact with these parking cowboys at all.

I've attached the letter to see what you think also
        Attached Files

Comment

I would have complained initially. Now, i wouldn't bother. File it.

M1

Comment

We didn't know we ever got a Parking charge as it happened last year and the first we knew about it was when we received these letters from Debt Recovery Plus this year over a year since the so called parking offence

Comment

I've received same letter same situation but I'm in England is the law different? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dezzieb View Post
                I've received same letter same situation but I'm in England is the law different? Cheers
                Protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 applies in England but not in Scotland. (keeper liability).

Contract law is also different.

M1

Comment

HI there, Just looking for a bit of guidance as yesterday I received a letter from EQUITA now asking for £145 with regards to parking eye, Seems like the letter is aimed at the Scottish side now as it mentions Sheriffs Court.

Comment

They sent a big batch out, i think. Just another love letter to file.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X