• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

True legal Parking rules situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True legal Parking rules situation

I received a parking charge in a local council car park the other Sunday, I was late back as the restaurant I had been for Sunday lunch which is next to this car park with no car park of it's own was exceptionally busy and took the staff there nearly 20 minutes to fetch me my bill then come back to take my payment this meant I was late back to the car which was in a 3/4 empty car park on a Sunday.
    The ticket said I was 9 minutes over so I did my research and found the following information regarding grace periods of 10 minutes to be allowed on this website http://www.knowyourparkingrights.org...ing-is-managed
    I wrote to the Council parking office both highlighting this information which I also found repeated on other websites elsewhere along with explaining the circumstances of my delay, highlighting that I appreciate the need for parking control but in a 3/4 empty car park on a sunday evening seemed somewhat heavy handed and indeed did not inspire people to come to the town centre
    The response I got back was included the attached which said that since 2015 this only applies to Car Parking in England and that in Wales the grace period is only 5 minutes.
    Can anyone confirm the validity of the claim made by Conwy County Council Parking Services?
    TIA
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Can confirm the 10 minute grace period does not apply to Wales.

If you are a resident of Conwy CC, and have checked that everything has been done correctly by the oddly named Parking Dis Service dept I would complain vigorously to my local councillor and see if he can persuade the council to drop the charge

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Can confirm the 10 minute grace period does not apply to Wales.

If you are a resident of Conwy CC, and have checked that everything has been done correctly by the oddly named Parking Dis Service dept I would complain vigorously to my local councillor and see if he can persuade the council to drop the charge
      Seems odd that the web pages still all refer to a 10 minute grace period for England and Wales though, surely those such as the page I referenced need to update their pages as it gives a false impression to readers of such pages. Also seems bad planning for somewhere like Llandudno to be so pinickity would be more understood in a big city such as London or Manchester where parking is still at a premium on a Sunday.

I used to work for Conwy CC so know many of the councillors so will be writing to them but as if not paid within 14 days the fine doubles so would you suggest I pay or would writing to the councillors and indeed head of the council be considered as part of the complaints process and thus the 14 days would only apply after a final response from them.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...s-14430677.amp
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I would appeal to everyone I knew to get this charge reversed, but I would also ensure that I did not miss the original deadline to pay the reduced amount.
          I would pay it at the last possible moment

Comment

Thanks, makes interesting reading

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              I would appeal to everyone I knew to get this charge reversed, but I would also ensure that I did not miss the original deadline to pay the reduced amount.
              I would pay it at the last possible moment
              Thanks,
              Will do Des, put it in my diary and emails sent to everyone from the councillors right through to the local Assembly Member

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X