• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Euro Parking Services - Letter before claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Parking Services - Letter before claim

Hi, I recieved this today from Gladstone solicitors, letter before claim, representing euro parking services. I emailed a month ago saying not to pursue this matter as it is harassment and haven't heard anything since. Therefore I threw away the notice to keeper and a previous letter before claim for euro parking services straight into the bin. How can I receive a copy of the notice to keeper to analyse if it was POFA compliant.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi, I received this today after emailed a month ago saying to Euro Parking Services to stop harassing me with the invoices. I received an NTK and a previous letter before claim from them and have no received another letter before claim from Gladstone solicitors. I threw the NTK and letter before claim into the bin as I didn't hear anything from them for a month. Many people say they can't get into contact with them through the phone on Google and the firm is rated one star out of five on Google. Is there any way to retrieve the NTK to check if it's POFA compliant? Would I have to contact Gladstones or euro parking services?

Thanks

Comment

Hi
      You need to post this on your existing thread https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-f1srt-parking

Comment

Hi,

Do i need to post it on the same thread even if it is a different parking ticket? The other thread is F1RST parking NTK and this is the Euro Parking Services
        letter before court claim.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry.. I thought it was all the same deal... teach me to read properly

You should reply to the PAP, asking for copies of the correspondence allegedly sent you.
          Don't say you received and binned it, and likewise don't deny having received it.
          Just ask for copies so you can ascertain what they are talking about.

Might be worth sending a SAR to Euro Parking as well.

Meanwhile tagging ostell (with apologies for getting it wrong)

Comment

For the PAP would it be under enquiries as this is the on the only sensible option I can click on.

Comment

What you have received is a letter before claim, so that is the bit to respond under.
              The protocol can be found here: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/debt-pap.pdf

Comment

Edit (ignore)
                Last edited by Husein55; 2nd January 2019, 20:34:PM.

Comment

Firstly remove that ref, no.

Not sure where you picked that letter from (altho' I've seen it before)
                  No need to tell them all about the new PAP (as they are using it) and it makes it obvious you have just plucked your answer off the internet.

I would just answer on their form requesting copies of all correspondence allegedly sent you.
                  On receipt of that information you will be able to consider your position or request further clarification.
                  To initiate court proceedings without complying will be premature (and a waste of costs and court time)

Also send a SAR to Euro parking

Comment

Edited it. I'll send a sar and request the information off them. I'll get back to you tomorrow as well. Thanks

Comment

Amethyst or Kati in post 8 could you please delete the reference number for Husein55

Comment

Hi, I'm just thinking of the best way to write a SAR and found this template. Anything I could add to here? Thanks
                        Dear Sir or Madam

Subject Access Request

Under the GDPR and the current Data Protection Act (DPA 2018), I have the right to access the following information:

All letters and data lists and appeal case summaries where my VRN, name/address/other data is stored or was processed for the purposes of PCN XXXXXXX.

All images and photos taken and any other data stored about this VRN or me as the registered keeper, and how/when this was obtained and from what source.

I note your PCN and letters all failed to tell me about my right to subject access, and your company appears to have undertaken no data impact evaluation reports before commencing enforcement excessively at this location. If I am wrong in this understanding, also send me copies of all your data impact evaluations regarding this location.

Failure to include these with your reply (or under separate cover in a timely fashion this month) will lead to a complaint to the Information Commissioner that Euro Car Parks are ignoring the strict requirements of the ICO Code of Practice for Surveillance Cameras.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Something simpler?
                          Your full address]

[Phone number]

[The date]

[Name and address of the organisation]

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )

[Your full name and address, any previous address/names and any other details to help identify you and the data you want.]

Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.

[ if there are specific things you want to know put them in here otherwise remove this]

If you need any more data from me to confirm my identity please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Apologies for the lack of knowledge. After doing a lot more research I will be giving more educated replies. Also some lbcc forms claim they only give 14 days to respond whilst this one gives 30. Was there a ruling changed not long ago? Also can i requesting all copies of correspondence allegedly sent to me in the SAR or will that have to be a separate form?
                            Last edited by Husein55; 4th January 2019, 14:10:PM.

Comment

This should be fine shouldn't it? I don't see why I can't request copies of correspondence in the SAR but please advise me on what you think. This will be sent off using first class with a receipt.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
                              XXXXXXXX
                              XXXXXXXXX
                              XXXXX
                              XXXXXXXXXX

04/01/2019

Euro Parking Services Ltd.
                              Office 2
                              51 Pinfold Street
                              Birmingham
                              B2 4AY

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )

XXXXXX XXXXX MXXH, keeper of the vehicle with VRM XXXXXXX, residing at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, allegedly holding charges with PCN XXXXX.

Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.

I also request all copies of correspondence allegedly sent to me.

If you need any more data from me to confirm my identity please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXXXXX XXXXXX MXXh

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X