• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Which route to go down with parking eye ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which route to go down with parking eye ticket

Hi All,

I have had a little search for an appeal template letter however the thread advised an alternative should be used if after end of october this year.

Anyhow i have received a postal parking charge notice from Parking Eye.

The circumstances were as follows:

I took my toddle son to a NHS walk in centre as he was very unwell and needed to see a Dr. The car park is free, its advertised as free to on the NHS leaflets relating to this site. I entered and logged his details at reception (no one informed me to log my reg into the keypad at reception) whilst i was sat waiting there were rolling electronic messages on a panel and one said to log my reg details - so i did. i HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THAT I SHOULD HAVE ENTERED MY DETAILS EVERY 3 HOURS!
    as I sat and waited my son deteriorated. he just lay in my arms for hrs burning up

I waited at this clinic almost 5 hours with my sick son, they were short staffed. I feel they are targeting people who are having lengthy waits due to no cause of their own.

I have now received this notice through the post and i am not sure how to proceed.
    do i take the mitigating circumstances route or do I reply as the registered keep and not driver that day.

The charge is £100 which is utterly ridiculous for a free car park. The letter i have states "By not gaining the appropriate permit / authorisation, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage, the Parking Charge is now payable"

The letter also gives 14 days to pay a reduced rate yet online i have seen that postal notices must give 21 days? does this amount to procedural impropriety?

Thanks for any advice received.
    Tags: None

Re: Which route to go down with parking eye ticket

Mitigating circumstance appeals are a favourite for parking companies and popla because they make it easy to say "sorry, give us your money"

Appeal.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, was attending due to a medical emergency and had to wait for over 5 hours for treatment of a child. No signs were seen at the time although upon investigation it appears parking is allowed if you enter a registration number in to a terminal every 3 hours. £100 for not knowing to press a few buttons is clearly a penalty and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should you get a popla code please come back for more advice.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X