• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

parking notice when meter would not take my money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: parking notice when meter would not take my money

nice going DT

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      Indeed! Saved and printed out the e mails all thanks as well to all for the advice would not have known without LB! The other half now owes me a beer!:tinysmile_grin_t:
      Drink it and savour it. As Galahad says, handy to know for future reference. Full marks to the council for admitting there was a problem with the machine and cancelling the PCN.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Beer savoured! However went back to the same place today and this same machine was still malfunctioning, we had parked else where (free). One lady was very upset we tried to help her and tried with different combinations of coins, eventually a young man came along almost ran to the next machine for her and got her a ticket. Said he is local and would we please report it, he said this machine has malfunctioned for weeks and the council are aware, the attitude being that there are others but why should you tramp to find one and why no notice on this machine?
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
          Beer savoured! However went back to the same place today and this same machine was still malfunctioning, we had parked else where (free). One lady was very upset we tried to help her and tried with different combinations of coins, eventually a young man came along almost ran to the next machine for her and got her a ticket. Said he is local and would we please report it, he said this machine has malfunctioned for weeks and the council are aware, the attitude being that there are others but why should you tramp to find one and why no notice on this machine?
          If the local authority know the machine is faulty, they should take steps to prevent motorists from feeding coins into it. This can be done with a cover or a "plug" that covers over the coin slot. I am very surprised they have not done this yet.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

They appear to have done this but no notice on the machine

Comment

A year later and this machine and two others are still not working!
              I watched at least seven other people try them and not get a ticket.
              Phoned the number on the one we had problems with for the last few weeks ( we park in the free bit now!)
              All they said was that it had been reported and that the warden had checked all the machines and had found no faults.
              They have done nothing about the problem as regards the coins they will not accept either.
              They are "seasonal" machines and from the end of October to March they are switched off! You could not make it up!

Comment

I agree it is ridiculous. I think you should involve the local councillor and inform him/her it is likely locals are getting fined unfairly because they refuse to repair the machine.

Comment

Resurrecting to post this link.
                  I have no proof that the persons involved in this scam were involved but it seems more than a coincidence that one of the machines I tried to use was "switched off"
                  There are proposals to raise the charge for parking recently but last time we were there they still seem to have done nothing about the meters along the road.

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/ne...told_1_3920326

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X