• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Challenge a Parking Ticket.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge a Parking Ticket.

On the 04/08/2012 I parked my car across the front of two bays at the local beach so I could do safety boat for a sailing club to come back to find a parking ticket on the front of my car, the two cars that I had blocked in were involved in the sailing and didn't mind.
    Two RNLI Life Guards had parked on single Yellow lines right next to sign saying no parking between 9am till 8pm.
    I got the ticket and they were let off!!! one rule for all!!!!
    OK to my point to the best of my info from Council Employees the bays are not part of the council car parks and there is no signage to say they are or that the way I had parked as agains the rules.
    In an email I have asked for the position of the traffic wardens van to see if he was parked illegally at the time of the ticket as how can they had out tickets when they are doing the same as you, as road safety camera vans have to be parked correctly to be able to do you for speeding so is it not the same for they?
    Any help gratefully received as I hate injustice and believe it should be one rule for all.
    Please Help.
    Thanks
    Stuart.
    Tags: None

Re: Challenge a Parking Ticket.

Hi Stuart and welcome to LB if you haven't already been welcomed to our little family.

May I ask, where does the ticket come from? Police enforcement, council or does it by any chance say Parking Eye or similar?

Are the bays in a private car park? When you emailled, who was it you emailled?

sorry for the questions but we are gona need this to work out how to best help you.

Comment

The emails have been sent to PCN Querypcn-query@wppp.org.uk.
      According to my friends in the council highways say that the parking bays are nothing to do with them.
      The ticket was placed on the car by a Civil Enforcement Officer.
      they sate that the Warden parked there car in the car park but there is no real car park just a road with some bays, for them to park there they would have to bloke the road by parking in the middle or park on single yellow lines.
      do they have to park correctly to be able to ticket cars as if they are breaking the law to enforce it surely that's wrong?
      many thanks Stuart.
      plus can email you all letter and emails if you like but cant at the moment work out how to post them on here.

Comment

Originally posted by luciferlandy View Post
        On the 04/08/2012 I parked my car across the front of two bays at the local beach so I could do safety boat for a sailing club to come back to find a parking ticket on the front of my car, the two cars that I had blocked in were involved in the sailing and didn't mind.
        Two RNLI Life Guards had parked on single Yellow lines right next to sign saying no parking between 9am till 8pm.
        I got the ticket and they were let off!!!
        As you are not listed as being exempt, you should tell those stupid jobsworths that, in future, you will not be able to provide your services to the sailing club and that, should someone be injured or die as a result, it will be them who are to blame.

Comment

BUMPED.

Sorry CC, crossed posts
          Last edited by Hurricane Puffrose; 14th August 2012, 21:12:PM. Reason: cross posts, sorry CC

Comment

it would be nice but the council as you said are a bunch of jobsworths and dont care what happens on the water, as they would prob say your prob not mine, the thing that gets me is the warden was breaking there own rules to ticket me and then let off to lifeguards the were parked on the yellow lines and were reducing the access to the beath for the emergency services if they had been needed.

Comment

Have you seen their jobsworths' manual? ---> PDF link

Comment

The emails have been sent to PCN Querypcn-query@wppp.org.uk.
                According to my friends in the council highways say that the parking bays are nothing to do with them.
                The ticket was placed on the car by a Civil Enforcement Officer.
                they sate that the Warden parked there car in the car park but there is no real car park just a road with some bays, for them to park there they would have to bloke the road by parking in the middle or park on single yellow lines.
                do they have to park correctly to be able to ticket cars as if they are breaking the law to enforce it surely that's wrong?
                many thanks Stuart.
                plus can email you all letter and emails if you like but cant at the moment work out how to post them on here.
                Luciferlandy,

I have found out who wppp are. It is a partnership of councils in Wales who dish out PCNs. I am downloading their manual for PCNs and will post up once it has finished downloading.

You have until 18 August 2012 to make a representation against the PCN. From what you say in your initial post I would venture that the grounds you could ask to have the PCN cancelled include -

1. Inconsistency of enforcement, i.e. there were other vehicles contravening the parking rules that were not ticketed;
                2. Question of whether CEOs had lawful authority to issue PCNs on that road. The LA need to provide evidence of a traffic order for this. If they can't, the PCN was issued unlawfully and has to be cancelled.

BB
                Attached Files
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

thats very interesting. by the LA you mean Local Authorities?
                  the way I was thinking was that if he was parked on the single yellow line he was breaking the parking law, is this true? I know it is for the camera vans.
                  thanks Stuart.

Comment

In order for your vehicle to be lawfully ticketed, the local authority (council) responsible, first, has to prove that there is a valid traffic order relating to the road on which you were parked. If none exists, they cannot ticket any vehicle. You need to ask for a copy of the traffic order. They cannot refuse to provide a copy of a traffic order. If they can provide a traffic order, they then need to explain the inconsistency of their CEO's enforcement, i.e. ticketing you vehicle, but not other vehicles that were contravening the parking restrictions at the time. Although some councils claim their enforcement vehicles can disregard parking restrictions, there is a video on YouTube showing a council camera vehicle being moved-on by a Metropolitan Police constable, much to the amusement of the person behind the camera and onlookers.

Make sure your representations are in before 18 August 2012.

Comment

this is the last email I had from them.

Dear Mr Forsyth,

Local Authority Vehicles (or those of their contractual agents), are exempt
                      from parking restriction whilst being used to carry out statutory and
                      common law duties and powers (i.e. Refuse Collection, Street Cleansing,
                      Highway Maintenance), or whilst carrying out duties that require the
                      vehicle to be in close proximity (i.e. Verge Grass Cutting), including
                      Civil Enforcement Officer vehicles.

The Parking Services Manager for Ceredigion County Council is currently on
                      leave until 20/08/2012 and I am therefore unable to assist fully with your
                      queries regarding where the CEOs vehicle was at the time your Penalty
                      Charge Notice was issued or why the Lifeguard vehicles appear to have been
                      "let off".

A copy of your email has been forwarded to the Manager who will be in
                      contact directly to you in due course.

Please note that the case will be in the discount period until 03/09/2012.

Regards,
                      Mr P Edwards

Comment

this was the email I received after I asked for detail info of the place the CEO was park at the time of my ticket.
                        don't you just love the councils...

Comment

Have just emailed them asking for the traffic order for the parking bays at Tresaith.
                          is there anything else I should be thinking about asking for to scare them into thinking I am smarter then I am, haha.

Comment

this is the last email I had from them.

Dear Mr Forsyth,

Local Authority Vehicles (or those of their contractual agents), are exempt
                            from parking restriction whilst being used to carry out statutory and
                            common law duties and powers (i.e. Refuse Collection, Street Cleansing,
                            Highway Maintenance), or whilst carrying out duties that require the
                            vehicle to be in close proximity (i.e. Verge Grass Cutting), including
                            Civil Enforcement Officer vehicles.

The Parking Services Manager for Ceredigion County Council is currently on
                            leave until 20/08/2012 and I am therefore unable to assist fully with your
                            queries regarding where the CEOs vehicle was at the time your Penalty
                            Charge Notice was issued or why the Lifeguard vehicles appear to have been
                            "let off".

A copy of your email has been forwarded to the Manager who will be in
                            contact directly to you in due course.

Please note that the case will be in the discount period until 03/09/2012.

Regards,
                            Mr P Edwards
                            Street maintenance, cleansing and emergency vehicles are exempt from normal parking restrictions if they are being used for the purpose for which they are intended to be used. Other than that, they are subject to parking restrictions like any other vehicle.

The Parking Services Manager is going to have to explain the inconsistencies in enforcement and produce a copy of the traffic order that covers the road in question. If I were you, I would send a further email requesting a copy of the relevant traffic order or other order which allows parking enforcement on that road.

Comment

Blue Bottle you have been very help full well you all have.
                              I hate it when you give somebody a cap and they just love to were it so its good to make them work and it will scare them as they aren't the smartest of people working for them.
                              thanks and if you think of anything else or anybody else please feel free to post as the harder it is for the them the happier I am.
                              thanks again, Stuart.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X