• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCM PCN Appeal rejected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM PCN Appeal rejected

I lent my car to my son to go and visit our estranged grandson - a rare opportunity as there has been very limited contact.

On entering the new estate where they live, he noticed his son in a play area with his mum and so pulled up to go and talk to them.

He tells me that he was stopped for no more than 5-7 minutes and then moved the car round to their property nearby.

Roll on a couple of weeks and I receive a Notice to Keeper from PCM demanding settlement of a PCN for 'Parking in a restricted area' - penalty £60 if paid quickly.

I looked at the evidence photographs - apparently taken through the windscreen of an adjacent vehicle. The first evidence photo was taken at 09:41:32 and the last at 09:43:47 - so covers a period of just 2 and a bit minutes. A later evidence photo taken at 09:59:14 is of a parking sign - but is very obviously not the same sign as the one visible next to the car - the sign is also illegible in the photo.

I appealed and said I was not the driver, made the mistake of saying it was my son driving (but didn't further ID him), explained the circumstances, pointed out that he was actually next to the vehicle the whole time talking to his ex wife and son. I also asked for a clearer photo of the sign as the evidence pic was unreadable.

Have now received a letter rejecting my appeal stating that the vehicle was parked and that a parking permit should be clearly displayed in the windscreen and was clearly in breach of the conditions of parking. (It should be noted that the Parking person who took the photos didn't get out of the car to inspect the dashboard to see if there was a visitor parking permit that may have been lying down on it as one would a parking ticket.)

No clearer photo of the sign was supplied so I still have no idea what the conditions actually were.

Am I correct in thinking that there should be a grace period of at least 10 minutes before a pcn is issued to allow the driver to read the sign and decide whther or not they wish to accept the conditions and take appropriate action? He tells me that this was his first visit to the estate and so wouldn't be aware of what te parking conditions are.

Do I have any further cause for appeal as Keeper?

Grateful for any thoughts
    Tags: None

supplemental:
    The PCN gives the location of the restriction as 'Cedar Meadows - SG3'.
    I can't find 'Cedar Meadows' on Google maps but a bit more investigation reveals this as the name of a then new housing development in 2021.
    The name of the road was actually White Cross Drive - which isn't mentioned in the PCN.
    Is this relevant?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X