• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPM Parking charge - Do I have to pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPM Parking charge - Do I have to pay?

Hi all
    a letter has come through today from CPM for £60 - do I by law have to pay? Can they send bayleifs? They have a picture of my car parked there. There are signs saying you can't park unless you have an e permit- I am already on universal credit and was forced to attend this appointment where there was no parking anywhere forcing to me park here. I cannot afford to pay this ticket I'm already on universal credit struggling.

Thanks for for you help in advance
    Tags: None

This is the sign
    Attached Files

Comment

Will post tomorrow evening

Comment

Thanks appreciate any help in advance

Comment

I forgot to mention I already appealed the initial notice with help from that other post which got rejected, but the reply I have received it almost like they never read the post at all. They mention "we understand your circumstance, no one would be want to be In that situation" and I never mentioned any unfortunate circumstances at all.

I now have to decide whether to appeal to IAS or not. Facing an increased amount to be paid if I choose to appeal to IAS.

I have attached the rejection email.
          Attached Files

Comment

appealing to IAS is a waste of time as they are not truly independent of the parking companies.

Can you post up the charge notice you received?

I can't read the whole of that notice, but it does not appear to offer a contract to park.
            On that basis it will be difficult for them to win a court case.

Comment

This is the notice I received.

Comment

When you appealed did you identify the driver?

In any event I would ignore them for now.

They will pass the matter over to debt collectors, who can also be ignored as they have no power.

Eventually they will initiate a court claim, but as you have a strong defence they will most likely discontinue the claim at the last minute.
                They operate on the basis that some, because of the stress felt about a court appearance, will pay up rather than go to court.
                For them it is a numbers game.

In the meantime nothing will happen other than letters. There will be no bailiffs.
                If perchance it went to court and you lost, the court would allow time to pay at a rate you could afford.

It is your choice on whether or not to fight this unfair and speculative charge

Comment

If I am going to ignore them I'd like to appeal to the IAS becuase that last post you saw my comment on had success through them. Is this somthing you could possibly help me with? On the off chance that it results in them dropping the CPM

Comment

Originally posted by Jake01 View Post
                    If I am going to ignore them I'd like to appeal to the IAS becuase that last post you saw my comment on had success through them. Is this somthing you could possibly help me with? On the off chance that it results in them dropping the CPM
                    If you believe in miracles, go ahead and appeal to IAS.
                    I would not bother, but your choice

By all means post up your appeal and someone will look at it and if thought necessary give you some pointers.

Comment

Unfortunately I have no idea on what grounds I should be appealing. In reality I just messed up parking there when I was forced to attend that universal credit appointment

Comment

You don't appeal on the basis you "messed up", but on the Parking Company "messing up"
                        You attack their signage, their Notice to you etc.
                        Unfortunately you have admitted being the driver so this has removed some of your protection.

From past experience I can tell you that appealing to IAS is generally a waste of time and effort.
                        You are more likely to win at court, so if I was in your shoes I would be ignoring them until the debt collectors are involved.

I cannot write a successful appeal for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X