• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Qdr debt letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qdr debt letter

Hi there I recieved a parking fine from euro car parks Dec 22, where I paid for parking with proof of payment on bank statement and a ticket unfortunately the car reg didn't register on machine which I believe was the machines fault. I appealed this and they wanted a further £20 pound reduced cost which on principle refused to pay (which I wished I had now) the fine went back up and got passed to another debt company, which I wrote to telling them I'm not willing to pay and do not contact me again unless they where willing to go to court, so i can prove my case
    it then went to zzps which I ignored and now to QDR solicitors for £170 which has made me realy uneasy and worried.
    do i ignore this letter or reply back stating im willing to go to court and stop harrasng me, to be honest i realy dont want to think about a court case do i go back to euro car parks ...i just feel reaky harassed now.
    Tags: None

Hello

What are they alleging you did, failure to pay, display a ticket or something else?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

No valid pay and display was purchased

Comment

Tried to upload letter the file to big but saying I have 14 days to pay they may pass over to litigation and may mean they will look to obtain CCJ...its all very cleverly worded to try and get me to pay by scare tactics ..but wondering if I respond or wait to see if goes further.

Comment

If the file is too big you can try to use a free website that compresses images or pdfs depending on the file type. Equally there are file uploading sites you can upload it to and provide a link back here, so that might work.

If the parking co. is claiming that no purchase was made then I think they will struggle with if you can show your evidence on bank statement. Arguably they may say it wasn't because of non-purchase but rather displaying the ticket. Still, there is no loss since payment was already made so any charge is wholly unreasonable and clearly a penalty for a trivial error.

Once we see the letter we can suggest next steps, but one option is you can still offer to pay the £20 if you change your mind, or stick to your guns and in reality they may fold albeit after proceedings are issued.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I am sharing 'Scan 08 Nov 23 13·01·10' with you.pdf ​​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Claire

What you have uploaded isn't the original parking charge letter you would have received from the parking company. If you don't have that letter, I would suggest you make a subject access request to the parking company and they have month to provide all personal information they hold about you. I've attached an example template letter if you want to complete.

As the parking company is Euro Car Parks you can email them using DPO@eurocarparks.com

I think at this stage it would be sensible to respond briefly to QDR and briefly explain the situation but do make sure not to say who the driver was. I've drafted an very quick example below but feel free to adapt it to suit your needs. You should include a copy of the statement that proves payment was made but you should redact anything else not relevant e.g. transactions and name, account, sort code etc.

-----------------------

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm writing to in response to your letter dated [insert date].

I do not accept liability for the debt your client claims is owed to them. According to the driver, a ticket was purchased for the parking in question and I enclose the following evidence to support this position: [describe evidence].

It would appear that the ticket machine at the parking site may not have been functioning properly at the time, which was beyond the driver's control. Nevertheless, as I have stated above, payment for the parking was successful and no loss was suffered by your client.

Please confirm that you will now be closing this matter.
              Attached Files
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thankyou that's been realy helpful info appreciate your time

Comment

No problem. I don't expect QDR to just accept what you're saying so come back to us if they provide a response and we can take it from there.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X