• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCM uk ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ostell sorry forgot to say thanks

Comment

Whatever you write will be ignored by them. The intention is to give them something to do and continue the conversation till day 56. If by that time they have not issued a NTK nor contacted the DVLA they lose the right to take action against the keeper, who they know, and only against the unknown driver who the keeper is not required to identify.

Comment

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd (PCM) is unlikely to own the land on which you parked and any document they put on your car or send you in the post has to be accompanied by another document showing Contractual Authority - that the legal owner, the freeholder or the directors of the company that manages the area on which you parked has given permission to issue Parking Charge Notices (tickets). If they don't, you should let them know that they 'forgot' the authorisation document (which they may be unwilling to provide.)
        PCN has a poor reputation for spurious claims, with a County Court judgement stating on 13 July 2018 that '...Claimants [PCM] are known to be serial issuers of generic claims similar to this one. HM Courts Service have identified over 1000 similar sparse claims.'
        Stand your ground - don't give in. The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 is on your side.

Comment

So the basis of your assertion that the "authorisation document" has to be supplied with a PCN?

Would be good if they had to supply everytime

Comment

ostell
            this is the next letter original pcn was 8/1/21 its past the 56 days
            do I just wait??

Comment

ostell
              sorry wrote this on previous page the pcn was issued 8/1/21 it’s past 56 days what’s the next step?
              thanks

Comment

There is nothing much you can do. Wait for another week or so and see if you get a letter entitled Notice to Keeper or similar.

Comment

ostell
                  hi received this today never received anything further from Parking Control Management Ltd

Comment

So a request to the DVLA to see if the keeper details have been requested for your car and by whom and when. SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gov.uk

And then write to them saying there can be no keeper liability as they have failed the requirements of POFA
                    Last edited by ostell; 27th April 2021, 07:05:AM.

Comment

ostell
                      I still have had no reply from DVLA what should I reply to Trace please

Comment

ostell I received the SARS from
                        DVLA today and they have not requested keepers details. So who do I write to Trace or PCM saying there can be no keeper liability as they have failed the requirements of POFA???
                        thanks

Comment

Yes, write to PCM and state that you are receiving threatening letters from trace but as the keeper you have no liability in this matter as they failed to issue a Notice to Keeper within the relevant period of 28 to 56 days not have they contacted the DVLA.

you were not the driver at the time and you do not expect to hear from them again about this matter.

Comment

ostell
                            shall write the above to Trace?

Comment

No you continue to write to PCM making sure you get a certificate of posting every time. This is just building up a paper trail for when/if it goes further

Debt collectors can be ignored

Comment

ostell hi I think I’ve made a boo boo in one of my 1st letters I stated me but I was not the driver nor am I the registered Keeper im just the appointee for the Registered Keeper.
                                would that make it difficult????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X