• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCM uk ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM uk ltd

ostell
    Hi Me again
    was hoping you could help with my daughters appeal received a private parking ticket because she was parked in a normal bay, she couldn’t of parked in the disabled bay because they are blocked off and it is the furthest away from the exit and she has mobility needs, her car is also registered a motability car and taxed as well for a registered disable car. She didn’t put her disable badge up because she wasn’t in the disable bay.
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

A disabled badge has no meaning in private parking, it is explained in the booklet that accompanies the badge.

That looks like sign for the disabled bay, it doesn't seem to be offering free parking. Can you pist up the PCN

Comment

it says on their sign that if parked in a disabled bay with a disable badge it’s permitted I sent that with above pics
      thanks

Comment

I can't really read that sign, the definition is poor.

Yes the sign appears to say that to use that bay you need to display a disabled badge, it does not say that there is no charge

The PCN is saying no permit displayed

Can you provide a clearer image of the sign

Comment

not sure if you can see but it says:
          VEHICLES FULLY DISPLAYING A VALID PARKING PERMIT WHEN PATKED WHOLLY WITHIN THE CONFINES OF A MARKED BAY, OR VEHICLES FULLY DISPLAYING A VALUD BLUE BADGE WHEN PARKED WHOLLY WITHIN THE CONFINES OF A DISABLE BAYS

Comment

At the top it says Parking is permitted then the above writing underneath

Comment

That's giving the conditions for the bay, it is not saying that no payment is required.

Comment

Hmmmm so even though there was no available disable bay & no clear instructions what does that mean she has to pay the fine?

Comment

Unless the signage specifically says that disabled parking is free then a payment is required. An additional condition is usually that a blue badge is required if you use a bay marked as disabled.

it is not a fine, it is an invoice for an amount agreed to pay for breach of conditions.

It's probably easier to pay the reduced a amount but the keeper can appeal the notice and hope that PCM fluff it and can't hold the keeper liable.

The ticket is appealed by the keeper who has been handed the charge so that it arrives on day 26. The appeal will be about the unclear signage, lack of authority, anything. The hope is that PCM write back without contacting the DVLA nor sending a Notice to Keeper within 56 days, If this happens then they can't hold the keeper liable and they don't know the identity of the driver. It has worked before but not guaranteed

Comment

Ok thanks again

Comment

ostell
                      sorry to be a pain, so I going to appeal on basis that lack of unclear signage. Is that basically all I’m saying?

Comment

Please read all of the post.

Comment

ostell
                          hi I’ve had a response
                          what’s the next step please

Comment

So you write so that it arrives close to the 28 days they have given you and complain, say, that not all disabled people have blue badges but are still considered disabled under the equality Act 2010 and they should have made allowances and anything else you can think of that they will argue about. So hope that you do not receive a NTK before day 56.

Comment

ostell when I wrote the 1st letter I stated that they had blocked off the disable bays with proof of photos from there attendant and my own she actually does have a disable badge but because there sign stated it has to be seen while in a disable bay

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X