• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bwlegal and PPS Ltd fight - help needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwlegal and PPS Ltd fight - help needed!

Good Afternoon!

The driver received a parking charge in 2017 which was disingenuous. The parking was paid for for the entire weekend and no PCN was affixed to the car at any point.
    Over a month later a notice to keeper arrived through the door and this was my first knowledge as the driver had actually spoken to the warden at the time who was stood by the ticket machine.. asked him if he was writing a ticket for the car, he said yes, the driver said I am just getting a ticket for it now, he said ok and walked off .. The driver then paid for 24 hours on the machine, put the ticket in the car and left. 24 hours later they returned to put another 24 hours on the car and there was no PCN affixed to the car.
    Fast forward to now and I have a load of correspondence between PPS Ltd and I and also now bwlegal and I of whom they've sold the debt to.
    The 'evidence' they sent further seems to support my account of what actually happened to the driver on the day and doesn't seem like sufficient evidence to hold up in court for them.
    Is there anybody who would be willing to look through all correspondence I have if I email it to somebody to see if there is anything further that I can add or anything I may have missed?
    They've sent images of a PCN affixed to the car as well as others without (conveniently only 2 images of a PCN affixed not clearly also showing the lack of ticket but loads of images of the car even the back seats?! Before a ticket was issued.. funny that as a ticket would have been in there at that time!!) They've taken a couple of images and then removed the PCN.
    All of the correspondence that I have explains the situation in its entirety .. and if anybody would look through it and give me a hand I'd be eternally grateful. I'm sick of being harassed now but I refuse to pay up for something that is most certainly not owed and I'd also rather avoid it going to court if possible too which seems like the likely next step! Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Frustrateddotcom; 23rd December 2019, 15:24:PM.
    Tags: None

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKkh1qq
    Here is a link to a Flickr gallery containing all evidence. If somebody could look through and offer further advice I would be incredibly grateful. It's all uploaded itself in a strange order but it is all dated.*

Comment

It looks as though it has already been to court and the court threw it out as abuse of process.* Are they trying to take you to court again?

Comment

No those court things I mentioned were another case which I was referring to .. there were two which I'd found online at reasonably close county courts of Southampton and the IOW .. I'm down the road from Portsmouth. They'd thrown out charges due to abuse of process with the £60 additional fee. I was trying to show them I'm aware and they came back and tried to say that it is fine and referred to that whole Beavis thing ... Apologies that it's in a rubbish order I didn't upload it like that grrr

Comment

I have this morning been sent this yet they have been discussing it up until now. Do I have to do this?

"Good Morning

Thank you for your recent email, the contents of which have been noted on file.
          Should you wish to discuss this matter via email, please confirm the following:

1.Please complete your full name

2.Please provide first line of your address

3.Please provide your postcode

You can also contact us by signing In or registering to our Online Portal atwww.bwlegal.co.uk.

Should you have any queries please contact our office on 0113 487 0432."

Comment

@ostell*No those court things I mentioned were another case which I was referring to .. there were two which I'd found online at reasonably close county courts of Southampton and the IOW .. I'm down the road from Portsmouth. They'd thrown out charges due to abuse of process with the £60 additional fee. I was trying to show them I'm aware and they came back and tried to say that it is fine and referred to that whole Beavis thing ... Apologies that it's in a rubbish order I didn't upload it like that grrr

Comment

ostell**No those court things I mentioned were another case which I was referring to .. there were two which I'd found online at reasonably close county courts of Southampton and the IOW .. I'm down the road from Portsmouth. They'd thrown out charges due to abuse of process with the £60 additional fee. I was trying to show them I'm aware and they came back and tried to say that it is fine and referred to that whole Beavis thing ... Apologies that it's in a rubbish order I didn't upload it like that grrr .. sorry struggling to tag on my phone and can't seem to delete!!

Comment

Presumably they're just going through data protection - there's no reason not to confirm your details as they have already written to you. They also may be confirming your address is up to date if they are considering court action.

The NTK says 19:35 - the empty pics show 19:33 - the ticket was purchased between 19:35 and 19:41 presumably and the ticket attached and photographed on the car at19:42 ... so seems he had done the ticket and then waited until the driver was out of the way to stick it on the car

No copy of the ticket available ? Was it paid for by card or by cash ? ie any evidence of the purchase / time of purchase ?

Any idea how long between parking and buying the ticket ? ( did the driver maybe go to check in before returning to the car to pay the parking ?)
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst*yes that's exactly what happened. The warden walked away, the ticket was placed in the car and there are conveniently tonnes of pictures before the 'PCN' was issued and then only two unclear pictures when it was attached .. funny that. The driver was waiting for a friend with change having driven for 4 hours and then realising no cash could be used. It was less than 10 minutes so he totally stitched the driver up and because of the fact that there was no knowledge of this until the NTK came through the post .. the tickets weren't saved and no card record for it because it was cash. They are basically refusing to provide the record from the ticket machine which would show the ticket being purchased.. and they have still not, despite asking, provided a copy of the original PCN. The earliest piece of evidence they've provided in their 'full evidence' is the NTK! Any tips of where to go next? As you can see from the album of my compiled evidence I've been in contact with them a lot and they just do not seem to be listening to the fact that there just doesn't seem to be sufficient evidence on their part and the account from me remains the same as to what happened to the driver on the day in question .. it's been a nightmare but I refused to be fleeced of £160 for nothing!!! Surely they won't take this to court? I'd have thought they'd only try with those who don't answer or who really don't have a leg to stand on .... But who knows with these beeping beeps!!!

Comment

Also ... They have all of that information already and it's been argued to them that they have purposely been sending information to an old address (which fortunately I have contacts at so can obtain it) but I accused them of intentionally doing it to sabotage my defence as they're doing the whole :if you don't reply within 14 days' tosh .. however I did obtain it and respond! I also told them in the 'evidence' they presented that they have my new address as it was on a letter I had sent to PPS Ltd which they were in possession of!!*

Comment

What do you recommend I do Amethyst? Any ideas? I am so stressed out about it and just cannot see why they'd want to take this matter to court .. but they just seem relentless. Do you think they're just trying to scare me into paying? I thought I had defended the case very strongly and proved their 'evidence' to be false but they just won't let up *I also am still feeling confused as to why they're suddenly demanding that I confirm various bits of information with them to continue liaising via email despite the fact that they have the information to hand....*

Comment

This is the most recent email sent to them..... I am sick to death of them now but they are not scamming me out of my hard earned money for nothing!!*
                        Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X