• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim procedure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim procedure

Hi, sorry to sound repetitive but...

The driver got a parking ticket in the post. The driver remembers the date and time and is sure they bought a ticket. They don't have the ticket anymore but they're sure they had one. Maybe they didn't buy enough time but they definitely bought one. The driver went online and followed the advice to ignore it. All the letters received have been kept but ignored until a court claim was received from BW legal. This site was found and all the advice was followed. The claim has been acknowledged online, A SAR request was sent to the DVLA and to the parking company. They responded with a copy of the original fine. A request has been sent for a copy of the PDT, of payments made that day.

Do I send a SAR request to BWL as well? Any advice is very welcome. Thank you.
    Last edited by Vickioli; 22nd December 2019, 22:15:PM.
    Tags: None

Ignore has not been the advice for some 7 years.

So can you post up a redacted copy of the PCN on here please, but leave the dates.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Edit your posts so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use " the driver......' etc

They have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted, to be able to hold the keeper liable. They can continue against the driver if they know who it was.

The failures are:
        Failing to deliver the NTK within 14 days, 9 (4).
        Failing to give notice of keeper liability, 9 (2) (f)
        Failing to give the required statement at 9 (2) (b)
        Failing to give period of parking, 9 (2) (a). Moving in front of a camera cannot be parking

There may be others.

Where the signs clear? Back there and get photos , or show lack of.

Question their right to be their and holding a valid contract with the land holder

Comment

Thanks for your reply!

Do I edit my original post or just the future ones please?

How can they fail on so many points? Do they just expect the general public to not understand and then scare them in to paying?

I'€™ll go back today and take pictures of all the signs the post them.

Shall I send a letter to the landowner too?
          Last edited by Vickioli; 22nd December 2019, 22:16:PM.

Comment

Comment

Sorry, I can'€™t seem to post the second picture the right way round?
              Last edited by Vickioli; 22nd December 2019, 22:16:PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ncp parking.png
Views:	1
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	1502778
                fixed it for you :
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Oops, can't seem to turn this one either. Sorry

Comment

Please can you suggest what I put in my defence. Looks like I have a few things to go on with their current failures.

Comment

A letter came in the post today from BWLegal saying NOTICE OF PENDING COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT

It says to contact them or respond to the County Court Claim. I have responded to the County Court Claim online. Is this another scaremongering tactic?

Please can someone help me with this? I have to submit my defense by 23rd. I understand at this time of year everyone is busy as I am too so any help would be greatly appreciated
                        Last edited by Vickioli; 22nd December 2019, 22:17:PM.

Comment

Yesterday i received a transaction print out of the parking machine that day and there's a number plate entry for the vehicle and the amount paid. The machine does not give change and the 1 hour tariff was £1.60 but the amount paid was £2. The driver therefore paid 40 pence MORE and was there for less than an hour!

Surely that's my best defense?

Please can someone reply to me as my defense is due to be submitted tomorrow and I'm unsure as how to word it. I can't find any templates that refer to parking issues. Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comment

ostell
                            Last edited by Vickioli; 22nd December 2019, 22:18:PM.

Comment

The ticket shows the correct registration number ? and same as shown on the NTK ?

The NTK ANPR images shows entering and leaving within an hour, and your ticket copy shows you paid for an hour? What is the time on the ticket?
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X