• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NCP / BW Legal Court Claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryszu140458 View Post
    Ok, so should I prepare my defence now and hold it or just wait to see if any other paperwork materialises?
    Thanks again
    Probably best to wait until closer to the defence deadline.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Or prepare it and put on here for critique before you send

Comment

Hi All,
        Is this accurate, feel, look and appear concise?
        Please critique so i can adapt
        Many Thanks

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT CASE (__)
        BETWEEN
        B W LEGAL CLAIMANT
        AND
        (__) DEFENDANT
        DEFENCE

1) I am the defendant, (__), DoB (__) and reside at (__)

2) Save as specifically admitted in this defence, the defendant denies each and every allegation set out in the Particulars of Claim, or implied in Pre-action correspondence

3) The Particulars of claim do not meet the requirements of CPR 16, the Particulars of claim are not clear and concise as is required by CPR 16.4.1(a) Neither are they compliant with practice direction 16 7.5.

4) The claimant is to put strict proof that they, in fact, have a valid interest in the land and are allowed to operate upon it.

5) I admit to being the registered keeper since (__). I deny being the driver. The claimant having failed to adhere to the strict conditions of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, schedule 4, paragraph 9 has no claim against the registered keeper.

6) The claim is neither admitted nor denied as it is outside the defendant’s knowledge.

7) The signage used by NCP Limited was not “large, prominent and legible” as the Supreme Court found in Parking Eye v Beavis. Excel Parking Services v Cutts also shows that in order to create a contract between driver and B W Legal there must be clear and legible signs. There can be no contract between the driver and B W Legal without a clear offer, consideration and acceptance. The 100 pounds charge was buried in the small print.

8) The claimant is to put strict proof that these were the terms

9) The claimant failed to adhere to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Paragraph 9, sub paragraph 4 which clearly states
        (4)The notice must be given by—

(a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or
        (b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.
        (5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.
        Whereas on Parking Charge Notice to keeper, Number (__) It clearly states
        Date of Incident (__)
        Date of sending this notice (__)
        Which is a period of 17 days, therefore, is outside the PoFA rules and the claimant did not need to issue a court case

10) The claimant is claiming interest at 8%, should the court find for the claimant, I respectfully ask that the interest claim is reduced. Firstly, the claimant has waited a significant amount of time to lodge a claim which has the effect of vastly inflating the cost and secondly, this period has seen historically low interest rates and 85 would appear to reward the claimant rather than compensate. The claimant is to put proof thereof.

11) The claimants claim for contractual costs is a underhand attempt to usurp the small claims track cost restraints and should be rejected. The claimant is to put strict proof

The claimants claim should be dismissed in full

Statement of truth

I believe the facts in this defence are true

Signed

----------------------

Dated this day (__)

Comment

BWL will not be the Claimant.....they are the legal rep instructed by the Claimant parking co.
          Check the court claim for the correct full name.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4, Paragraph 9
            Your para #5
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

9) The claimant failed to adhere to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4, Paragraph 9, sub paragraph 4(b) & 5, which clearly state
              ####
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

10) The claimant is claiming interest at 8%, should the court find for the claimant, I respectfully ask that the interest claim is reduced. Firstly, *the claimant has waited a significant amount of time to lodge a claim which has the effect of vastly inflating the cost and secondly, this period has seen historically low interest rates and 8% would appear to reward the claimant rather than compensate. The claimant is to put proof thereof.

11) The claimants claim for contractual costs is a underhand attempt to usurp the small claims track cost restraints and should be rejected. The claimant is to put strict proof to justify same.
                *Imho, as the alleged contravention took place in December 2018, 6 months or so is not a particularly long time between then & the claim issue date
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Morning all,
                  Advice's noted and amendments made,
                  I shall submit the defence at the begining of the week (2nd or 3rd July) and I'll keep you posted
                  Many thanks to you all
                  Kind Regards

PS If you think of anything else. Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Ryszu140458 View Post
                    Morning all,
                    Advice's noted and amendments made,
                    I shall submit the defence at the begining of the week (2nd or 3rd July) and I'll keep you posted
                    Many thanks to you all
                    Kind Regards

PS If you think of anything else. Let me know
                    For now, treat your draft Defence as a work in progress, to be updated & amended if/when anything new should occur in the meantime.

Re your para #7, Lord Denning's 'Red Hand Rule' is worth getting to know.
                    This can be used later if necessary.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_Spurling_Ltd_v_Bradshaw
                    It is also enshrined in various legislation (ie Consumer Rights Act 2015)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Morning all,

I've just recieved a letter from B W Legal informing me that they intend to continue with the Claim in court and have notified the court as such.

What is my next move?

Regards

Comment

Have they sent you a copy of their Directions Questionnaire?
                        (No worries if not).
                        You should receive your own DQ from the court shortly.

At this stage of proceedings the parking co has nothing to lose by progressing with the claim.
                        They've already paid the issue fee, & so they can ramp up the psychological pressure, hoping, I guess, that you'll capitulate.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Good morning all,
                          I’ve received a letter from the county court “Notice of proposed allocation to small claims track “
                          how does one proceed?
                          Do I say yes to mediation or say no and go for the court hearing?
                          Many thanks

Comment

Hi All,
                            I recently asked for advice on what to do with the letter from CCBC, the Directions Questionaire. Should I go for mediation or say no.
                            Your advices greatly received

Comment

You can state mediation, they want what they've claimed, you want £0. Looks good for you. Are you prepared to pay £20 for it to go away?

Comment

Hi,
                                All sent on 12th and how can it go away for 20 pounds???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X