• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NCP / BW Legal Court Claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCP / BW Legal Court Claim form

Hi All,
    Here we are with yet another CCBC. This one is on behalf of claimant (NCP) represented by BW Legal.
    They are demanding 242.32 for allegedly overstaying the allotted time. (I've no idea if this is correct as I wasn't driving) I've also not made any contact with them whatsoever.
    I've yet to receive a Particulars of Claim. I feel that I should acknowledge the CCBC to the court and notify I am lodging a defence ASAP.
    Is this correct at this point? Can I request a "Particulars of Claim from the court so I can prepare a defence (hopefully with your assistances)
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

Yes you must acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form. Nothing at all in the defence.

The Particulars of Claim are what you see on the form, do not expect anything else.

post up the PCN you received at the time.

Comment

Hi Ostell,
      Please find attached the PCN letter. I've acknowledged the claim online through the moneyclaim.gov website as per the instructions on your LB site and received a reply with "status summary"
      Next move please?
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

9(4)The notice must be given by—

(a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.
        https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...dule/4/enacted

No cigar!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

What exactly were the Particulars of Claim on the form?

As stated above the major point of your defence is that you can have no liability as the keeper as they failed to deliver in time. If you can produce a confirmation that you were elsewhere at the time and couldn't be driving then that would help a lot.

As you now know ignoring these PCNs is not a good idea.

You will be querying the amount because as the keeper you can only be liable for the amount of the original PCN + the fixed allowable court costs so with the usualk £100 charge then that would be £175.

Comment

Morning people,
            Please find attached a copy of "Particulars of Claim" on the CCBC paperwork.
            Yes, I agree, not a good idea to ignore
            Thank you again for your time and responses
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ryszu140458; 10th June 2019, 12:07:PM. Reason: Advised to edit

Comment

Take that down and redact the identifying information and the password.

That's the Particulars of Claim on there. Embarassing enough to make creating a defence awkward. And you tell the court that in your defence.

You do not infer who was driving, the PPCs are known to scan these forums. Edit your response.

Have a look at POFA, especially paragraph 9

They have failed to comply with POFA by delivering the notice past the relevant time of 14 days.
              They have not included period of parking. Moving in front of a camera is not, by definition, parking.

Get some photos of the signs.

Can you show that you were elsewhere at the relevant time? A signed statement by a third party, a receipt with a credit card etc?

Comment

Yep, I agree with ostell
                It's a typical BWL robo-claim.......generic & too generalised, making a defense reply very difficult.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi again,
                  I've attached 4 pictures of signage. Hope this helps
                  Cheers
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that, but it's rather moot as their NtK was served out of time & so is void for the purposes of PoFA 2012..
                    Just do not ID who was driving
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Good evening,
                      So what do I do now, Shall I write a defence to the court? If so, what do I write, please be gentle as I'm still very inexperienced in "legal speak"
                      Many thanks

Comment

What is the issue date on the court claim?

Imho any defence should be delayed until close to the permitted deadline (*33 days from the date of issue) so that any new facts or evidence can be addressed accordingly.

*28 days + 5 allowed by Civil Procedure Rules for service of the claim form if via MCOL.
                        Last edited by charitynjw; 15th June 2019, 02:15:AM.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Morning Charity
                          The Claim form from the court is dated 5 June.so in theory, I should be entering my defence on the 2nd July?
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ryszu140458 View Post
                            Morning Charity
                            The Claim form from the court is dated 5 June.so in theory, I should be entering my defence on the 2nd July?
                            Thanks
                            I make it Mon 8th July as the last day for the defence deadline.
                            28 days + 5 for deemed service of claim form if via MCOL.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok, so should I prepare my defence now and hold it or just wait to see if any other paperwork materialises?
                              Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X