• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Ticket on Private Bay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charitynjw Hi, I replied them as adviced, two days ago and then got another letter from them yesterday. They must have been replying the initial appeal. I will attach letter.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi

The notice to driver (windscreen PCN) is defective for reasons given above.

The site sign is rubbish...it is what is called a 'forbidding' sign (no-one can park without a permit.)
      Therefore it is not capable of forming a contract with the driver.
      It is more comparable to the old 'trespassers will be prosecuted' signs, with a penalty clause of £100 payable.
      They even say as much in their recent letter...."Parking is only permitted with a permit" (or words to that effect.)
      They're just dressing up a tort (civil wrong) to mimic a contract (& breach of same.)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I know they are still trying to push
        through without valid points. Should I just ignore them or so I need a reply?
        Funny thing was that the permit was placed on the dashboard, just that it was all not visibly seen..

Comment

Originally posted by momy3 View Post
          I know they are still trying to push
          through without valid points. Should I just ignore them or so I need a reply?
          Funny thing was that the permit was placed on the dashboard, just that it was all not visibly seen..
          Note that they say "I" reject the 'appeal' [sic], but the letter is not signed by a person.
          Absolute bullcrap.
          Your letter to them wasn't an appeal, it was a heads-up to them that they have failed dismally.
          They are meant to be the 'experts'.....private parking & all things concerned with same (paticularly the relevant laws) are their raison d'etre.
          I suspect that that letter from them was 'untouched by human hands' (Yours, & the postperson's, excepted, it goes without saying!)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Slightly off topic ( sorry ) ... On the sign it says there is a £5 "admin fee" for paying by credit card ... isn't that kind of surcharging banned?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I bet.. ,

In the meantime should I just have ignore them..

Comment

If it were me I'd send a copy of the (your) previous letter with a covering letter ...."Read this again" (or words to that effect.)
                If they ignore it a second time, & issue a court claim, it won't bode well for them when you produce that lot as evidence of their utter incompetence.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sent one three days ago. Would send another one again today.. thank you. I doubt it they would want to go to court without a leg to stand on..

Comment

Hello charitynjw, I have not sent any letter since the last one I sent. However, I’m just thinking about one of the letters I received where they wrote that if I wasn’t happy with the decision, that I should contact the IAS. Should I do so or just ignore? I will attach letter.

Comment

It’s on the last paragraph
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Comment

The chances of winning with the IAS are slim to none. Just hold fire until they issue a Letter before claim and then come back. Before that you will get many begging letters from debt collectors, who can't do anything more than write scary letters.

Comment

What ostell says ^^^^^!
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X