• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cel ccj x2, have been set aside. Need help with a defence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks rob. I didnt think so

Comment

so. i have 2 letters from the court today.

one says:

upon hearing the defendant in person and the claimant not attending
      and upon there being nothing on file to explain its position
      and upon the court determining that service was ineffective

it is ordered that:

the judgement be and is set aside

defendant to file and serve his defence to the claim within 21 days of this order (do i have to write this and post it in to court?)

the court will issue direction questionaires once the defence is filed (What do i do with that?)

the costs of today are reserved. (So i can apply for costs against cel?)

the second one says:

upon reading a letter from the claimant and hearing the defendant in person

it is ordered that:

the judgement is set aside

proceedings be reserved upon the defendant (what does this mean)

no order to costs (so on this one i cant apply for costs?)

the second judge, i had 2 cases in 2 days, seemed to be a bit grouchy. Is it right to say, this case is not about the alleged offence, but about the issuing of a ccj without any correspondance?

I would really appreciate anyones time and help.

thank you

gavin

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X