• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge notice

Is it necessary to respond at the point when a County Court Business Centre makes contact? So far ignored all of the demands since notice issued in April 2018. Now looks more legal but not sure how to take it?
    The charge was made after parking in front of locked heavy steel gates for 5 mins when all marked parking bays were full. The signage on the gates was at least 8-9 feet above ground level and no one was attempting to exit the gates. Indeed I doubt they were used regularly as the ground in front was sloped and grassy ie not concrete like the car park. I came back to the vehicle as the notice was being written but pleading with the guy made no difference as he said his ‘boss is sitting over there’!
    the original charge as stated on the signage was £60 but the demand is for £185 (court fee of £25). Any advice for next steps please?
    I am in England
    Tags: None

Yes, unless you want a CCJ against you for 6 years.

Is it a N1 form from the Northampton County Court Business Centre ?

Could you type out the Particulars of claim please, and say who the claimant, and solicitors are that are bringing the claim pls.

You need to log in on Moneyclaim online if you can and acknowledge the claim to buy yourself more time to deal with it ( acknoweldge with intent to defend in full extends the time to deal with it to 33 days from the date of issue )

Once you've got the other info on here I'll move your thread to the right forum for deal with Parking court claims.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Yes, unless you want a CCJ against you for 6 years.

Is it a N1 form from the Northampton County Court Business Centre ?

Could you type out the Particulars of claim please, and say who the claimant, and solicitors are that are bringing the claim pls.

You need to log in on Moneyclaim online if you can and acknowledge the claim to buy yourself more time to deal with it ( acknoweldge with intent to defend in full extends the time to deal with it to 33 days from the date of issue )

Once you've got the other info on here I'll move your thread to the right forum for deal with Parking court claims.
      Yes is the answer to your first question- N1from Northampton as stated.
      The claimant is Vehicle Control Services Ltd, Europa Court, Sheffield Business Park. No solicitors name given
      Particulars:
      The claimants claim is for the sum of £160 being monies due from the defendant to the Claimant in respect of a charge notice for a contravention on (date and time) at (address) access road. The CN relates to (car model and reg). The terms of the CN allowed the defendant 28 days from the issue date to pay the CN but failed to do so. Despite demand being made the defendant has failed to settle outstanding liability. The claimant seeks the recovery of the CN and interest under section 69 of the Count6 Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% at the same rate up to the date of Judgement or earlier payment.

Comment

So any photos of the signs and the PCN? Suitably redacted of course.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X