• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello, all - DVLA requisition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, all - DVLA requisition

Hi,

after having the 'bjesus' scared out of me today, I need some help, please.

This morning I received a Requisition from DVLA for not insuring my vehicle. I scrapped the vehicle way before the stated date.
    I did not receive a certificate of destruction. I did not receive a fixed penalty from DVLA for the same 'offence', the company who took my vehicle have all the necessary docs and replies!!.

I would like to know why if DVLA are in Wales, why choose a court in Stevenage to hear the case (I live on the south coast)
    if I am convicted of this offence, what is the likely punishment
    and why would they need my national insurance number on the Not Guilty Form?

Any ideas?

thanks, Jan.
    Tags: None

Re: Hello, all

NI number is optional on the form. There's a similar issue in the DVLA forums....

'' I did call the Swansea Magistrates court and spoke to one of the people in the Clerk's office.

He was really pretty relaxed about the whole thing, and said that NI number, phone number and DOB were all optional and could be left blank. He said that all they required was a signature and date on the form.

He also said that, in the event of a not guilty plea, I could request the case be heard at a Magistrates Court near to me rather than in Swansea.''

then...

The hearing was today. I attended, and there was a representative from the DVLA present who requested private interviews with all of those answering DVLA cases. I told him I had a complete defence to the allegation, and he was quite conciliatory. After about 10 minutes discussion he said he was satisfied with my information and he withdrew the case.

so possibly give them a call.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...729#post460729
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Hello, all

I'll pop your post into the right forum too xx and Welcome xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Hello, all - DVLA requisition

OOPS! Sorry, and, thankyou x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X