• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA reveal benefit details on line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DVLA reveal benefit details on line

Thanks Tools, already checked again as they had sent another letter re the one we actually sold.
    The sticking point is when it was first registered as it is a Y reg if before March 2001 it will be just short of £ 80 for six months if after it jumps
    to £ 126.50 for the six months, we have sparse details and the perdon I spoke to seemed to thnk that the date may be after the March but that could be from when the previous owner reistered it as disabled.
    I can see what righty means but lady in the Post Office says we can set up DD there.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      Yes Tools was right, after a VERY frustrating morning its been a bit of a catch 22 situation, cannot tax on line as its still classed as disabled, not got the log book cannot opt for DD until November!
      Phoned DVLA and downloaded SORN form and posted with form to get new book and green slip.
      Still had varied cost of re tax three from DVLA and one from Post Office
      I don't know if the system has changed but when I wanted to tax a new (2nd hand) motor a few years back, previous owner was in disabled class and I needed it in the PLG but according to post office they can only accept my docs and issue tax if it was changing from PLG to disabled but not from disabled to PLG. I needed the tax disk straight away so had to go to a main dvla centre with the necessary forms and they issued the tax disk. A bit of a ball ache as they have shut down the local dvla centre and had to travel to Shrewsbury.

Comment

I had to do that with a previous car, according to DVLA you should be able to do it at post offices, we are lucky we do have two to choose from but it may be difficult for people with only a small post office as it seems only " larger" ones are able to do this.
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
          The sticking point is when it was first registered as it is a Y reg if before March 2001 it will be just short of £ 80 for six months if after it jumps
          to £ 126.50 for the six months,
          If it's on a Y plate I think the Y's came out 1st March 2001 so unfortunetly looks like it'll be based on Co2 rather than engine cc. It should tell you on the check tax site the date of 1st registration. Also I'm fairly sure that if it falls under the old tax system (pre March 2001), where it says CO2 Emissions it will say "Not Available" whereas if it's based on the CO2 emissions it will give you the CO2 figure.

Comment

I say again that I strongly advise that you DON"T give the DVLA your bank details

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X