• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collection order: wrong offence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection order: wrong offence

Hi All

new to this site.

in October last year I was stopped for having no tax. I believe I did as the DVLA email said the tax would auto renew unless I stopped it. It did not auto renew. However, I don't think this is a good enough defence or is it?

The main issue is. In May this year I received a single justice notice from magistrates court. The offence was listed as driving an unlicensed vehicle which is correct. It said on there that I may get a discount if a plead guilty so I did as I thought it's not worth the risk to loose. I filled out the plea form as guilty and in the means form I entered my outgoings and noted I do not know my income at the moment as I recently lost my job (team leader for a civil litigation team, not much help in this case though haha) and put on there I am awaiting the calculation of my benefits and asked for this to be taken into account. I sent this recorded next day delivery and have evidence.

Today I received a notice of fine and collection order. However, the offence I have been fined for is wrong. It is listed that I SORN the car and continued to drive it. I have spoken to the enforcement team and they have advised me to call the court the hearing took place as this is wrong.

I would be grateful if I could get some advice on this. Can I use there mistake to reduce the fine? Is it worth appealing? What happens when magistrates make mistakes like this?

thanks in advance everybody.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X