• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tri Party contracts/advice needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steveeasy View Post
    Response back from Lawlogistics.
    Thank you for your email. However, you will find that the SRA registered solicitors who work for Lawgistics Litigation for the Motor Trade CIC are permitted to carry out reserved legal activities by virtue of the Section 23 (2)(b) of the Legal Services Act 2007.
    Have you been dealing with Lawgistics Litigation for the Motor Trade CIC or Lawgistics Limited?

The CIC company was only incorporated in April this year, and I was unaware of that, so useful to know going forward

Comment

Hi Des8
      Both. In January 2023 it was Lawlogistics LTD. Thier Acknowledgment of service was Lawlogistics for the motor Trade CIC and that of their defense this morning.

I wonder if they are permitted to carry out reserved legal activities. Be good to check they can and challenge it if necessarily. Thier client clearly breached the consumer rights act for which ill happily pursue him on the matter regarding warranty.

I am entirely content settleing the matter with close Brothers finance. The car is being collected on Monday 2nd October 2023.

They are concerned I may ask for a judgement if they do not file a defense. I have confirmed in writing to them I will not request a judgement if they do not file a defense.

Steveeasy

Comment

Hi Des8

Ive just looked this up. Transitional protection for non-commercial bodies

(1)During the transitional period, a body within subsection (2) is entitled to carry on any activity which is a reserved legal activity.

(2)The bodies are—

(a)a not for profit body,

(b)a community interest company, or

(c)an independent trade union.

Are they a community interest company?. It seams they have set one up so they can provide services under.

Lawlogistics has 1500 members. they pay between 300 per year and £3000 per year for legal updates, support and case work advice. to legally deliver this they have set up a CIC company that their advisors operate under. Sounds like a legal loophole.
        Steveeasy
        Last edited by steveeasy; 29th September 2023, 14:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeasy View Post
          Hi Des8

Thier client clearly breached the consumer rights act for which ill happily pursue him on the matter regarding warranty.

I am entirely content settleing the matter with close Brothers finance. The car is being collected on Monday 2nd October 2023.
          As CB are settling the claim I don't see that you can continue against the dealer.

You need to stay the claim until you are in receipt of funds, at which time you can discontinue.
          The best way forward IMO would be a Tomlin Order.

Why give yourself a headache investigating lawgistics or the dealer when CB are settling?

Comment

Hi Des8,
            OK thanks for the advise. you are correct of course. when the car has gone and I get the refund ill play my next card. The dealer will pay for his errors. his merry men would do well to point him in the right direction. Little point picking a fight you cant win.

Many thanks

Steveeasy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X