• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Right to reject

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right to reject

Yesterday, 22:01:PM
    Hi, thanks for your time.

I bought a BMW 1 series 2015 from a dealer under a finance agreement a week ago.

I rushed into it as I was impatient and I really wanted the car and the staff were helpful.

I have had the car for a few days and a few people have commented how loud the exhaust is but I thought nothing of it. Then yesterday I noticed a banging noise from underneath, so I took it to a local garage and we found after a quick investigation part of the exhaust has snapped. He told me to return the car and I have rang the dealers who have said not to worry it is under warranty.

Although it is under warranty, I have lost faith in the car, if something this major has happened after not even a week.
    so have read into a right to reject the car.

So today I decided to have the car run through an MOT to check for any more faults and it has failed with the exhaust being insecure and a gas leak and has three minors.

I have checked the fresh MOT I was given on receipt of the car and it was a pass with no faults. So this says to me it's been dodgy job.

I was wondering if anyone can explain it in lamens terms for me?

thanks very much.
    Tags:*None
    Tags: None

WIthin 30 days you have the absolute right to reject.* The failure would be goods not of merchantable quality.

You write to the dealer telling him that you are rejecting the car under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 because of the defects with the car.* That failed MOT should hold you in good stead.* Send first class and get a certificate of posting from a post office.

Then sit back and see what happens.* Add up the costs you have incurred for this in preparation of it having to go further.* They are obliged to come and pick the car up.

Comment

Thank you, I have sent an email with the letter and I am sending a paper copy tomorrow. I have the car in a hire purchase agreement so I am going through the finance company.
      thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X