• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Traffic Violation fine direct from Car Rental Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Violation fine direct from Car Rental Company

Hello,

Whilst hiring a car I allegedly incurred a Traffic Violation.

I received notification from the Hire Car company (attached document Advise of Admin fee) of the violation and duly paid the £35 admin fee as per the Rental Agreement (see attached). The letter clearly states that the Hire Car company as the owner will be providing the relevant issuing authority with my details who will then in turn re-issue the fine to me thus giving me the option to respond and pay or appeal directly to the issuing authority. To date I have not received anything from the issuing authority. In fact to date i still don't know what the violation was for!

I have now received a letter from the Hire Car company demanding £65 for the Traffic violation fine (see attached Advise of Fine).

No evidence of the violation has ever been provided and as mentioned I still do not know what the violation was for if indeed there was actually one.

So my questions are:

Do i have to pay the fine to the Hire Car Company for the violation? As they have my Bank card details they will attempt to charge my card. I have emailed them asking them not to do this until the matter is resolved.

Do they have to provide evidence and tell me what the violation was for?

Can I appeal against the violation with the Hire Car Company? As the Hire Car Company claim they have paid the issuing authority then can an appeal still be made?

Does the Hire Car Company have to prove me to me that they have paid the issuing authority?

Are the Hire Car Company acting legally?

Your advise on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Paul
    Advise of Admin fee.pdf
    Advise of Fine.pdf
    Rental Agreement Summary.pdf
    Tags: None

Who is the Issuing Authority?

Comment

Wasn't sure whether i could publish that but now you've asked it was 'London Borough of Waltham Forest'. They are down as the Issuing Agency.

Comment

That's OK, at least it is a proper ticket rather than one issued by the likes of Parking Eye etc. The question to ask is were you guilty of the misdemeanour?
        If so then you should thank Enterprise for having paid it at the cut price rate. The original ticket would have been £130 but reduced to £65 if paid within a limited period.

Comment

I don't even know what the misdemeanor was but have asked Enterprise for evidence of the violation.

If I'm not guilty then can i still appeal as haven't Enterprise accepted my guilt by paying the fine?

Needless to say if I am guilty then i will pay the fine.

The original letter from Enterprise did state that they will be providing the relevant issuing authority with my details who will then in turn re-issue the fine to me thus giving me the option to respond and pay or appeal directly to the issuing authority. Had this been done then i would have received the violation details direct from the issuing authority and if not guilty then would have pleaded my case.

Once i hear back from Enterprise i will update this thread as i don't think any of us would part with £65 without knowing what it was for.

Thanks again.

Paul

Comment

Do you have the PCN number as may be able to see a video or photo - most likely capture would have been by CCTV.

Comment

All I have is a citation number on the letter that Enterprise sent which is FR3021086A - not sure if this is the same as a PCN number.

Comment

I'm sure that is a Waltham PCN number + you would need the vehicle reg.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X