• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Rejection of representations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Rejection of representations

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me how long the council have to issue a NoR of representations for a bus lane contravention???? i read somewhere that its supposed to be within 56 days. is this true?

Thanks for your help. SH75
    Tags: None

56 days is for parking rather than bus lanes. The bus lane adjudication legislation doesn't set a time limit but there are guidelines that a response to representations should be sent within 3 months.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...lation/10/made
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So should it be dismissed if it took 4.5 months?

We replied to council 13 days after contravention with our evidence, it took just under 5 months for their NoR.

So how could we defend what we had no descision on????

Thanks for your time and help. SH75

Comment

Unfortunately not, there is no statutory limit only guidance.

Now you have the NoR you can look at appealing it - should be a form in with the NoR to appeal?

Might be worth posting details of the reasons for your disputing the decision before deciding if you want to appeal.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Here is our first Notice of rejection
          Attached Files

Comment

Second Notice of rejection
            Attached Files

Comment

This then arrived from Marstons today. After providing them with a letter from DVLA to say car changed ownership, not accepted because letter is dated wrong and does not actually say what date the car changed.(we believe postal delays)

Gave them Mot history of the car which showed new owners taking it for a test day of sale, (02/07/18) And passed, Car was sold for spares. Wont look into it.

Gave them chat transcript from admiral insurance, showing insurance change from the vehicle in question to the new vehicle i bought. (Changeover 02/07/18 contravention was 05/07/18).

Ive written to DVLA to get the history of the car, it was in use up 1/07/19!!!!! Can they not say where and by whom it was Mot tested????

Dont know what to do about this ,I'm actually about to freak out with frustration.

Any Help very much apprciated. SH75
              Attached Files

Comment

Both the Council & Marstons have told you what you need to do.

Comment

Waiting for a reply from DVLA about history of vehicle. Thanks, SH75

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X