• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence Mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WmWallace View Post
    Hi Charitynjw and OSTELL,

Thanks for your input, all the Court Directions + plus my cocked up defence, does the defendant now just sit and wait for the Court to forward a date.
    Normally, your defence will be forwarded by the court to the Claimant, & often they have to respond, usually within 28 days.
    But that's the usual.....the court may make other directions, or possibly no directions at all.
    The next significant step (barring any interim court diections) will be the N180 Directions Questionnaire.
    (You might receive, out of the blue, the Claimant's completed DQ. You do have to send a copy to the other party(s) as well as filing it at court within the specified deadline.)

The defendant has submitted a complaint with the ICO, over PPC not dealing with SAR request properly, and misusing private date to get information from DVLA and breaching POFLA legislation.
    While it is always worth contacting the ICO to complain, in the 'Grand Scheme' this is small potatoes.
    Last time I spoke to the ICO (fairly recently) they were up to their eyeballs with complaints (courtesy of the new(ish) GDPR.

####
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks CHARITYNJW,

Thanks for that info, it helps a lot. The N180 has been filled in and sent to the court and other side.

i understand that the complaint to the ICO is peripheral to the claim as a whole, but it will cause them some work to explain themselves, also show the defendant will not be intimidated.

There is a live complaint ongoing with this bunch, their response was illuminating, as in “ it was complete B******s” and made up, also the 2 month delay in responding to original. The defendant is pursuing this as it was lodged before the court papers were received. One last question please, can I get a copy of a generic witness sheet, then fit it to this situation, ie information that should be included.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWallace View Post
        One last question please, can I get a copy of a generic witness sheet, then fit it to this situation, ie information that should be included.
        Is this ok?

A witness statement will be a very different document for virtually every claim as it is a personal statement of what has happened and when. It isn't for the legal
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks again this is just fine, we will have good look and fit the situation around the present one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X